St Lucia Snoek from the beach

Bomskok

New member
Hi guys, on my last trip to St Lucia I managed to catch 2 Natal Snoek on 2 separate occasions from the beach. For some of you this may not be interesting but as this was my first Snoek ever and from the side using an Daiwa Exceler 9’ rod and 45g Iron Candy spoon I was over the moon.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0833.jpg
    DSC_0833.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 498

willem wikkel spies

Moderator
Staff member
Wel gedaan, sien jy was n bietjie noord waarts!

Soek ook nog n ou snoekie van die kant af.
Wie weet, dalk Augustus, vandag n maand dan ry ek weer!!!

Lekkerrrrrr
 

grootvis

Sealiner
 Any catch is a good catch especially if it is a game fish...very nice, and well done on the first catches of snoek!
 

Bomskok

New member
Thanks guys, it is difficult to describe in words how one feels when you land a good fish after working very hard to get it. I guess it is something only a fellow angler will understand.

Hi Ben, I was in St Lucia from 3 to 17 July. No shad from St Lucia but a lot of small ones at Mapelane with the odd one making size. Have also heard of a few grunter north of main beach.
 
Top