Softbait

Ringo

New member
What softbait if any of the following are the best to use for (Garrick and King)
And if you have any other pls comment.And what is the best retrieving for the following asp the mullet.
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 177

Dingleberry

Senior Member
Howzit. I went fishing at a mate of mines father's place in Wilderness a few months ago. He assured me that he whips the Garrick on the 5" black and white minnow (Smelt?). It might be the one you have in Fig 4.
 

Ringo

New member
Thanks mate.
will give it a go.I heard they say the light blue minnow works any comments on that.
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
Ringo - I think your retrieves and how you work the bait are more important than specific coloursa and styles... of course, colour does make a difference, but FAR less than alot of people think....

I have a HUGE fondness for Strike King Saltwater Zulus... they are available from Sa Bass Tackle online... Unbelievably string, soft and Streeeeeeeeeeeetchy... and they float which for me is awesome, as they can be fished weightless, with a worm hook, and work it like a top dog/zara spook surface bait... or stick a cut off section of a nail into it for weight and get an even fall... or fish them on a jig head...

Personally I think its ridiculous to pay huge money for Berkley baits with the added scent blablah blah when you are fishing for Garrick or Kingies, for Kob and Rockfish it might make a difference, but with fast feeding predators like Kings and Garrick, I really doubt it...

Also check out the Gummy Bait range by Fish Fish Fish....awesome baits, with incredible finishes at a great price...
 

Ringo

New member
Thanks Nepptune.
I wil give it a go.So you would say walking the dog is one of your best retrieves?I did that but they just hit next to it.I read you should pick up the speed.But still got nothing.Your Comments
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
Ringo - Sometimes thats just fishing bud... try changing retrieval speeds, then colour, then size of lure... usually in that order for me to see if you get any interest... On some days no matter what you do, you can't even buy a take though, so be prepared for that... you can't win everytime...

here is the link to where you can get the Strike Kings ( Thanks to Marshie for sending me this link, he knows I love these things!! :)

http://sabasstackle.co.za/catalog/index.php?cPath=92&sort=3a&page=2&osCsid=a0fe478e0791990723b7c5d109c9541e
Its a South African Online store... overnight shipping or pick up in Pinetown...

But check out the Gummy/Fish Fish Fish range of plastics... they are awesome... I'm not sure where you are, but they are available in Durban... I'll try get hold of the agent and see where they are available in JHB for you Homie...
 
Top