slowing down of activity here!

ziggy

Member
is the financila crisis affecting the buying of berkley or what - or has interest waned these days?
 

Shimaiwa

New member
Dudes I have been away from the site for awhile, it's not anything to do with the site or the people here, it's just that I am in Matric this year and have made the decision to let fishing take the back seat this year... i'll try got online when I can but time is precious now. Please Please keep the good dicussions and tips going :)
 

SAfish

Sealiner
My lure angling season has come to an abrupt halt! Our water temperature plummeted to a silly 11-13 degrees. I also had a fairly dismal leerie season. Most of our target species have started to move east. I hope the lure building threads will start appearing soon as we settle in for what seems to be a cold and wet winter. Happy hibernation!! LOL
 

Mike Pike

Sealiner
Before you go into hibernation go look at the post i sent on attaching hooks to lures , in the fishing tackle and tips section ...... no pics yet but should be something to do in the dull winter months.... i'll be redoing all my lures this way as the split rings ust dont do it for me .
 

SAfish

Sealiner
It certainly sounds like a good idea. Please post some pics when you're done. I am a member of another forum and they have this really awesome section on lure building. It is just amazing what they make themselves!
 

Def-e-nition

Sealiner
Hello girls .
Yea , Nobody can bloody Afford to go and do some decent fishing - as for Us in the Motor trade- silly . It's so quiet I've started to look for a nice pole so i can put in some night shifts down Main street for extra income .

Ok - gotta Quest.

We recently went fishing for stockfish. Depth 65 M , then 27 M .
On the 65 M Gps spot - I Noticed some fish at 32 M . I would imagine it to be pretty dark down at 32m , yes ?

Nothing was biting - and I mean nothing , along the bottom .
I had a stupid Idea to take out some of my lures and do a bit of toying around on the boat , considering that I wasn't catching a darn Thing .
My Question to you all is: would any of you have considered giving the 32m Mark a shot On dropshot or artificial Lure that day ?
Reason I'm asking is because the fish weren't taking on the pilchards etc , and my other problem was that because I was on a boat - how the hell do you Know when your Line is at 30 M Anyways ????? Lol .

I was just itching to catch something , Anything, but I figured I'd Look pretty flippin Daft standing on another guy's boat and fishing with lures instead of Bait .
Sa fish - that nice surecatch Lure I posted under the Lures I bought post - would you have tried something like that ? Or would it largely Only be reserved for , um , Like , Clear water locations n stuff , where the fish have good vis ? It's the solid Long one , not flourescent n all .

I would like a serious 'shotter to give me some advice , cuz when the fish weren't biting at both Marks I got bored as F$%^& !! and to pass the time I would have liked to have tried something else . Has anyone got any experience in going art. Lure on a deep sea boat ?Dont ask me why I didn't try . I bloody should have , but thought the guy might think Im not too well in the head .

so chaps - wat nou . Shall I give it a try next time or am i being Daft . ??

stuart
 

bassman

New member
Yep indeedy- the leery went completely off the bite a few weeks back so its pack in the lures and break out the galjoen tackle time....
 

SAfish

Sealiner
Def, I would have tried it!!! You were worried that the other guys are going to think you are cookoo in the head, but nobody caught a fish. Imagine if you tried it and got a few good fish, who would be kicking their own back ends for not bringing the lures and jigs? If you know the fish are there but they are not taking any bait, bring out the artificial baits and experiment. After all, fishing is not an exact science. Here is a link to a recent thread on jigging. Just read and weep .... or plan another trip out on a boat!!!

 http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=17494&forum_id=67
 
Top