[size=3][font=Calibri]Ok everybody, I think that m

The General

New member
Ok everybody, I think that most of us have had a problem with the management at Donaldson dam. Well this is a thread that is monitored by the Randfontein counsel and all info will help in changing the management at the dam and improve the venue for us as anglers []Here are just some things that bother me. []1.       []Fee’s is never the same.  Form a six pack to R300 per weekend? []2.       []The manager is under the influence of alcohol. []3.       []Bookings are n mess. []4.       []The toilets are a mess. []5.       []This past weekend we were asked by Laurens to assist in netting the dam as he doesn’t give a ].................................. disguising of swearing not allowed - ADMIN "JPS" about the dam??????????   The list is endless.......   Please add our comments. As this will help with the removal of unwanted management. You can also call the counsel on 0834634732 Zeblon. The lady that is assisting on the dam from the beginning of the year is donning an excellent job and this is who we should try and get to run the dam.
 

britzlouis

New member
I do igree with you Genaral!!!!

What about double bookings????

He is asked me in the pass about moving fish also to a dam out sit Cartonville.

We need to do something!!!!!

 
 

charljb

New member
Ok so we know what the problems are! What can we do to solve the problem?

We can moan or we can take matters into our own hands! Let's unite and do something about the problem!

A lot of people moan!

I for one love fishing there but would love to take my wife with me but its to dirty! Unhygenic! And un personal
 

Gixxer

Senior Member
In December Uncle L told us that he doesnt know what is going on and that councel just wants to take the dam for other purposes etc and that he wants to move the fish.

Fully agree on the bookings and prices Paid R400 for 5 nights and then R300 for a weekend 2 nights.
 

JCFisher

New member
Not much is being done correct at donaldson with Lawrence there, my personal
experience with him is double bookings , no spots available and if you pitch up there is stands open, price depends on how intoxicated he is and whether you signed in at the gate.

The toilets are a mess, and when fishing a stand one can’t fit 3 fishermen on a stand, that is ridicules.

He also confronted me with his new venue and I have no problem with that but asking us to help move the fish is my concern.
If Donaldson is managed correctly and some fish management is applied I do think this could be one of the best venues in Jhb.


start a patition!
 

The General

New member
This is the petition and the counsel is using this as refrains to work on. Thank Louis; yes please do e mail Zeblon as this will just make the case stronger
 

Boerboel

New member
The water grass wil have to be removed and all the lines stuck in that grass, better marking of swims, stricter rules regarding fishcare and noise.

Toilets, the wall on the other side must be repaired, better control between bass anglers and carp anglers
 

SdB

Sealiner
I think if someone else does take over the dam, there needs to be a set of rules regarding tackle being used at the water as well as a code of conduct.

I have removed thousands of meters of line snagged in the opposite bank's reeds because guys are using bait boats to drop their lines on the opposite bank, but no way to retrieve snagged lines, so just break their lines off.

Also I have taken rigs out of the dam that will give you nightmares for weeks. And funny how it's always death rigs you take out of the water and very s seldom a proper specimen rig.

I have not fished that dam over a year and even under new management I will not fish it unless rules and code of conduct get put in place and enforced.
 

charljb

New member
Wat if we get a boat with a anker and drag it through the dam to pic up lines, and take out some of the grass, and what about swim markings on the opisite bank?
 

chris_leon

New member
Personally I have found Donaldson Bottom Lake to be appalling to say the least. For a venue of its size and fish quality, the ablution facilities are absolutely horrendous.

As a result of oom Lourens filling his pockets ultimately the fish are the ones left to suffer... I can agree with Stefan when i have personally seen and hauled metres upon metres of unused mono filament out of the water.

Its an absolute shame to see the fish being subjected to such atrocious conditions.. I have once caught a fish with 3 hooks and a spring still attached to its lip..

Its about time something is being done and mass efforts seem to be paying off...

Well Done chaps, hopefully the entire Donaldson Complex can be returned to some of its former beauty and glory....
 

MadCarper

Sealiner
All good and well, as long this does not give the council the ammo to take Donaldson away from anglers and turn it into a water ski resort or something else!?
 

carelvanheerden

New member
Hello All.

I have had the same issues as mention above.

I would however like to Recommend the Randfontein counsel to get in touch with SACS and let them manage this venue.

SACS --> Up for the job?
Would be awesome to have this as a dedicated specimen venue.

Regards
Carel
 

vico

New member
I agree with all of the points brought up above. In particular the toilets and stricter regulations on tackle. I also agree that the new lady in charge of bookings is doing a much better job than Lourens. Havent had any problem with double bookings or being given another swim when ariving at the water. She also seems to have the best interest of the dam at heart. If the fish are removed to his Carltonville water Lourens needs to be brought back to justice
 

stiffmyster

New member
Better rates for fishing!I find it quite expensive!

250 per angler per weekend?crazy!place is untidy,loads of noise,overbookings,ect the list goes on!

I think for the current conditions 50 a weekend will be more suitable!

And weeknights should be cheaper!total rip off!
 

The General

New member
From The General:

 

Prices are now R200 for the weekend.

Swim 6 to 13 is not allowed to cross the dam, only 50 to 60m out and this is the “papgooi” swims

No “papgooi” angling is allowed on swim 1 to 5 and 14 to 23.

Any angler that enters the venue MUST have a Landing mat and proper landing Net, no keep nets allowed any more.

Vehicle will be searched if you are suspected of removing fish from the venue.

 

Please lets assist Zeblon in this.
 

JCFisher

New member
Is there any idea or input from Zeblon where this is heading?
@Stiffmyster , the quality of fish justify the R200 , specialy if the upgrade here and there.
 
Top