Shimano tiralejo 9'' spin Stradic 6000-8000

kai

New member
Did well with the spinning - I need some info please. What set up do you use for your leader? I have tried a short 1m leader then obviously throwing the braid off the spool - but the braid wears and eventually parts at my trigger finger. I also tried a normal length leader but I'm now having a problem around the 1st and 2nd eyes where I'm getting the braid and the join occasionally wrapping and also parting?

 
 

kitefisher

Sealiner
Kai,:welcomesea:.I used a leader constructed of either Awa-Shima/fluorine coated tapered leader(.31mm-.57mm) which I measured until about .40 mm.Snip it off here(it comes in 15 mlengths,so it is way long anyways)Tied braid to it with Improved Albright,5-6 turns up,5-6 turns back,gently get it to settle and snip the leader-tag short after a couple of gentle but powerful pulls on the knot using a glove or cloth to protect your hand from the braid.(I find that it doesn't do any harm leaving 5mm of braid tag ,or you can make a few granny-knots with the Braid tag before snipping 5mm)

I then reel until 3-5 wraps of the Awa-Shima leader is on the spool,snip leader off with about 1,5 meters outside of tip.If the.57mm is too thin for your likng,snip off 30cm outside tip and use same Improved Albright,or swivel to tie 1 meter of .70mm,80mm,or whatever you fancy.Bear in mind if it is .70mm,you may as well go with the .57mm Fluorine coated,it is amazingly abrasion resistant. Obviously this last knot or swivel to the thicker leader will be outside of your tip when casting.You will now have .40 Fluoro under your finger ,I sugest playing around with your casting-droplength a bit during each session,up or down maybe 30 cm it will ensure that you dont "finger" the exact same spot on the .40mm every time.

The second one I used,is still subject to intensive testing,but it worked for me,Braid tied to 30lbs Berkley Fireline(must be the Gelcoated Thermofused one,not regular Fireline braid),it measures about .43mm and feels like it has candle-wax over it,you get them in Yellowish Lime colour or Moss-green,same knots to be used,for this leader,but more patience is needed for tieing this one,making sure the Albright wraps stay in position,by "teasing" it back all the time, whilst tightening the knot.

Same thing applies here,4-5 wraps on spool,and either tied to serious  snapswivel, like a Centro 70lbs tested one,  or a swivel with a serious split-ring to which you can tie your lures,use a Triple Palomar knot for this,if Triple seems difficult,use regular Palomar but make a few granny/overhand knots with your tag end.You can obviously tie a 1 meter Fluoro leader to this Fireline as well ,just keep that Albright out of the guides when casting.For lighter applications and even off bricks I would consider using this type of Fireline straight to the lure,it has unbelievable abrasion qualities.

Any questions ,your'e welcome to send me a p.m.
 
Top