Shimano Beastmaster 12 & 14ft surf rods

vanno

New member
Hi guys! I am hoping to finally get a half decent surf rod. Have had a feel of the above and really like the rod, especially the 12ft as I don't feel comfortable with something as long as 14ft. Plan to use it for edibles off beach mostly and smaller non-eds (paired with a Shimano 20/40). My budget for a rod is max R1500 and this fits in nicely at R1100 for either the 12 or 14ft.

I have read all I can regarding the rod (and its fancy brother the Technium) on sealine but all posts appear to be from ppl considering buying it or just purchased.

How are the guides holding up on the Beastmaster? Does it handle the specified sinker ratings easily?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:SSS
 

vanno

New member
So many views and no replies haha. Let's open this up to "2nd hand" opinions too.
Pls guys ^^..

Have a gd day!
 

Redroman

New member
Hi vanno

I have the BM 14' heavy. The heaviest I've cast with it is 8oz for sliding, but I'm sure it will handle 9oz with ease.  Guides are big enough(I use windons), just wash your rod after each session and Q20 the guides, that should keep the rust away! Otherwise its a great rod and definately worth the money.
 
Top