Definitely shad. Was there this morning and quite a few shad came out. Left the shad biting - had other commitments to attend to. I had no luck with dropshot this morning - water looked a bit dirty - but did get a few shad on sards - most just making size and lost one of about 1.5kg - no steel and bit me off when I was picking it up of the pier .
Your setup looks fine - also had the crossfire reel , but mines makes a terrible noise after I hooked one decent fish. My brother-in-laws crossfire seized after just one outing - without even hooking a single fish . So just beware . I have since changed to the execeller - what a pleasure !!
A fisherman also caught a nice grunter of +-2.5kg . From the time he hooked the fish, he just towed the fish all the way, up the pier and into his bag , with one of those 12ft combos you buy at Game Store . If it your lucky day ...... nothing can stop u .
Do you fish often at snake park - PM me - maybe we can hook up some time .