September fishing at the Vaal river

JohanMel

New member
Hi all

 

I am going fishing at the Vaal River next week but i need a couple of tips for what bates to use and so on, seeing that its been a while since I fished there.

 

If anybody that has fished at the vaal recently or someone who knows a thing or two about fishing there can give me some hints and tips it would be really appreciated!

 

:wfish
 
Hey, I've been to a place on the vaal river called dimalachite near parys. I've caught BFC's in the summer with just 2 or 3 floaties on each hook. It even worked for the mudfish,yellows and even barbel. But never go in the winter because I've recently gone camping there for a weekend with feeding balls, but for the whole weekend we caught nothing Ƨo never go in the winter, it will only be biteless. So 2 or 3 floaties on a hook is all you'll need.


Oh and here is a Carp feeding ball recipe i often use


Here is the recipe we use. 1kg Crushed maize, 1kg fine maize(chick chick) 2 Litres water. Cook in microwave for 40 mins.
When cooked add 1kg brown sugar and mix trough. Add supercast to bind the mix and make the bait balls. Leave the balls in a well ventilated area on a drying rack to dry properly.

You can always add other particles of your choice to make the balls more attractive for big fishies.
 
Hey, I've been to a place on the vaal river called dimalachite near parys. I've caught BFC's in the summer with just 2 or 3 floaties on each hook. It even worked for the mudfish,yellows and even barbel. But never go in the winter because I've recently gone camping there for a weekend with feeding balls, but for the whole weekend we caught nothing Ƨo never go in the winter, it will only be biteless. So 2 or 3 floaties on a hook is all you'll need.


Oh and here is a Carp feeding ball recipe i often use


Here is the recipe we use. 1kg Crushed maize, 1kg fine maize(chick chick) 2 Litres water. Cook in microwave for 40 mins.
When cooked add 1kg brown sugar and mix trough. Add supercast to bind the mix and make the bait balls. Leave the balls in a well ventilated area on a drying rack to dry properly.

You can always add other particles of your choice to make the balls more attractive for big fishies.
 
Top