Sealine Forum Statistics

Gold_Shark

Senior Member
I'm all for stats so please do it. Through sealine or your own website. It looks like you made the table in acces so to incorporate the following shouldn't be to difficult.

Here's a few tips I have.
1. being a stats man myself i find that people don't bother with stuff that is to laborious, so instead of just having a section for size rather put check boxes for how measured (pcl, tl, dw)


2. Instead of size put a drop down box where the length can simply be picked from a list.


3. If the fishes weight is then worked out automatically it will incourage anglers to use it.


4. Link the anglers name to his catches so that they can pull records of their catches over the years. I always forget how long and what weight my fish were and have to check on the PC.


5. Include a place where a pic can be uploaded.


6. Next to date include a box for time as well.


7. Bait can also have a dropdown list to choose from.


8. Also add a few checkboxes for method eg. slide, throw, live baits.


9. sea condition and weather can also be checkboxes. Sea condition; eg. flat, medium, big etc. weather; eg. clear, overcast, rain etc.

I think you have a good thing here and if you do it right you can sell it as a stand alone program that anglers can buy and use on their PC's and maybe even update your website automatically. I would buy it anyway
 

Marthin

Sealiner
tide

time of day, make it 00:00 - 01:00, 01:00 - 02:00 and so on till you get to 23:00 - 00:00

Goldshark very good idea the tickboxes and dropdown menus. A bit of research would have to go into the baits as haakies prawn and tjokka sausages are not a common thing for his crackers. also if an angler's bait is not on the list, he must be able to add it, and the database must register it as a new bait on the dropdown list.
 

Walt

Sealiner
Hi Taljaardt!By all means go for it,as it's a great concept,and perhaps look on it as a project,as i'm also curious to see the results.If I may make a suggestion which you may already have considered.If this was me,I,personally would contact those anglers already on Sealine with proof,pics,and get necessary research/info from them,via pm or whatever,as that may simplify things.Like those members with pics in Gallery, Photos of the month,etc.My wife & I  do nationwide research on a freelance basis,and last night had Focus groups which didn't pan out owing to recruiters recruiting wrong respondents.So,try & do as much as you can without depending on too many middle guys involved & then you may reach your goals as set out.Good Luck!
 
Top