scarborough

DeonF

Member
Hey guys
What size kp/scarborough do I need for bottom fishing of a ski. What is the retail price for them ?
 
Deon, I wouldn't go for a scarborough on a kayak hey, I know a few guys that use them and use them well, but ai, not for me - it's hard enough gaffing a big fish and getting it into the hatch with a normal multiplier than having to worry about holding the spool. On a boat, no problem, on a kayak, naaah....

And I like my knuckles too....

Stick with a good multiplier, they are smaller in size (kayaks are limited inside for space anyways) and are multi-purpose...
 

Namibjakkals

New member
Somehow i agree but you must admit it is tons of fun!!!
I got into a tuna of 9kg on my old ski off Port Shepstone
LOl was a epic fight of man vs fish.

Elbe ski pro 12kg and my trusty KP 6 deluxe
 

Attachments

  • IMG01621-20130506-1732.jpg
    IMG01621-20130506-1732.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 253

Namibjakkals

New member
Deon i see you are from Sheppie?

I miss that place, got my biggest cob and PB in the umzimkulu at night at the golf course side with a live mullet
 

Kashitomo

New member
I'm using a kp off my ski and loving it when bottoming for kob,bek and reef species! I've seen clips where people sit with the rob butt against their bodies, having to hold the rod and manage reel spin which seemed difficult, but when you lock it under right leg/over left leg you have massive freedom to do some spinning or whatever and easily manage the unwind, no knuckle injuries so far.
BUT! I don't think you want one when tuna or other fast pelagics are round. Will see how I fair with tail this weekend,eeek!
 

Beerracuda

Senior Member
Hi deon. Give it a go. Try getting hold of a 7inch kp. You also get the one with a built in drag. I use a 7, 9 and 10 for ski boat fishing. The 10 is quite big and can make you a bit tired. You also get a 12inch but that is a serious wagon wheel. the 7 is the perfect size for retrieve rate and handling. Be aware when hooking into anything with speed. You will battle to hold onto those handles at high revs. Could also be potentially dangerous on a ski as well.
 

Koos Marais

New member
I have been lurking on Sealine for a while, but this is my first actual post. I am an occasional fisherman with a definite affinity for rock and surf. Spent the best times of my life on Splash Rock, Port Edward, with a live shad on the business end. I once saw a strong policeman landing a big garrick with a KP. I just love those wooden pieces of art. The best way not to catch fish I know of. Which is what I do most of the time anyway. In three weeks I will be at Mapelane for a few days and then its Vidal. I recently bought a small KP at Charles Stewart's Fishing Pro Shop and I will use that to catch my livey. Then I will swim it on the bigger KP. Maybe, perhaps, who knows...this time will be the time.:)
 
Top