Scales

Basspro

Senior Member
An interesting topic when it comes to weighing fish and getting accurate weights:

What scales are you guys using to weigh your specimen fish or any fish for that matter ??

The rule of thumb in Specimen Carp fishing is to use scales that gives you a reading in Pounds first (lb) - like the Ruebon Heatons / Nash scales etc ....

Any thought's ??
 

MadCarper

Sealiner
I used to have a cheaper version of the dial scale...got it at the co-op for R240, it said "Camry" on the scale, lol... it did the job though... But I now use one of thise electronic "Prince" scales.

Offcourse I would love one of those Fox digital thingies, lol!

Did you know your fish could weight less on a cold winter's day than it would on a warm summer day?
 

deisel

Sealiner
when i bought my scale i took gym waits ranging from 1 kilo to 10 kilos, adding a half at a time to make sure it was calibrated properly, its a no name brand cheapie but works a bomb, and i test it every say 4 sessions to make sure it remains calibrated
 

Edge

Member
Basspro

Some advice

Just find out what type of scale KUSAF has, and for goodness sake don’t get one of those that scale lies at lease 5 - 8 kg more wwwwhhhhwwwwaaa
 

KUSAF

Senior Member
eish edge. dis boetjie rof. ek dog jy sou jou mond hou oor dit as ons jou "pb" van doorndraai met hom weeg.
 

Basspro

Senior Member
Edge I have a scale - I was throwing this topic out there just for interest sake - thing is like all things specimen angling guys go on what others say or recommend - and some have good advice.

These days anglers are paying thro' their nostrils for quality carp gear -

I saved for a long time and worked over time to buy what I have but eishhhhhhhh these days if I need something I have to save again .... !!!
 

caranx ignoblis

New member
I think that as long as ones scale is calibrated and weighs accurately it is not critical how much it costs. It can cause a problem if is is posting pics of their fish and the fish doesn't appear to match the stated weight.
I must say that I zero my scale and weigh the fish,haven't as yet had my scales calibrated but might just now to check.
 

taimen

New member
i have a bandit electronic scale, i think i paid about R300 for it, it weighs up to 25kgs (which it has sadly never had to do) and it works like a charm.
 

Vleipadda

Senior Member
Ive got a lynx lipgripper but i dont like using it as it should be used I put the fish in a bag then use the scale no hassles as yet
 

JohannM

Senior Member
My First scale was a prince digital one, it was fine but I think it goes to 22kg if I remember correctly. Then we went on a long session last year and I was so sure I would catch a monster and I remembered all the stories of people catching big fish ten did not have a scale that could weigh them.

I then found a Reuben Heaton digital scale for a really good price and bought it. The monster never came though but now I have it for life, its an awesome scale. I have checked the prince's readings against the Reuben Heaton and it is pretty accurate, not a bad scale at all.
 
Top