Sat 4th October , who's running where

trade 5

New member
The weather does not look all that bad on sat , swells a bit big , but manageble , intervals are nice and big

Who is running where guys?

 
 

Decker

Senior Member
Boat show is on this weekend - might go down that way and do a bit of drooling. Otherwise I think it's my last weekend b4 becoming a Dad, better do final touch ups around the house (Sorry Tail-Time team).Heeecticcc, what a scary thought, the rest of my life from next week I'm going to be dad!!!
*back to reality.....*
Otherwise, Sat does look do-able, I reckon those jolly Tail are still at the point, Just haven't been able to catch one. Sighhhhhhhhhh.

Please dont post any more reports, for at least a year, of good catches of fish, please, please just put up reports of how rotten the fishing has been, even if it's been good ;-)
Tighlines (not) :)
D
 

will101

Senior Member
[color=#006600]Decker[/color] wrote:
Boat show is on this weekend - might go down that way and do a bit of drooling. Otherwise I think it's my last weekend b4 becoming a Dad, better do final touch ups around the house (Sorry Tail-Time team).Heeecticcc, what a scary thought, the rest of my life from next week I'm going to be dad!!!
*back to reality.....*
Otherwise, Sat does look do-able, I reckon those jolly Tail are still at the point, Just haven't been able to catch one. Sighhhhhhhhhh.

Please dont post any more reports, for at least a year, of good catches of fish, please, please just put up reports of how rotten the fishing has been, even if it's been good ;-)
Tighlines (not) :)
D
don't sound so depressed  - it's only a bout 20 years out of your angling career. UNLESS you are lucky enough to have a kid with fishblood in his/her's veins - like some other people here. You'll update your best catch stats sooner than you think.
 

Hammertime

Sealiner
To answer the question.
Think I'll slip outa millers or Simontown at about 5:30 and head for the point.
Cant wait.
 

Blockhead

New member
Hi Guys, Well ,looks like Tail Time is losing a crew member.Unlucky for him!!! I am sure he will be back after a few weeks of all nighters feeding Petunia( his new babies name)
I think Tail Time will be following HT out of Millers on sat morning....looks very nice and hopefully those tail are still there. Must start prepping the wife and shining the snakes....See you guys on the water!
 
Hi,
I believe yesturday we had what I call the perfect fishing conditions in Durban. It was over cast and the rain stayed away long enough. In the AM we had a SW blowing about 12kn. Later we got a NE 6kn and this is when the fish came on the bite. The sea had a bit of a chop on it caused by the SW. What a productive day. Plenty reef fish including Geelbek, monster snappers, a 3kg Steetjie and my favourite, 10kg Black musslecracker. All rewards for 2 hours of fishing.
Eat your heart out boy!
 

Attachments

  • DCIM0005.JPG
    DCIM0005.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 92

Catch 22

Senior Member
Nice fish you got there,

Havent seen such a big one in years, they are becoming very scarce.

They give a good fight!!!!

Well done mate!
 

Craigr

New member
Congrats. Bennie. I'm yet to catch my first Poensie which is a good excuse to go fishing more often. It seems as though I missed out. Went down to  Dbn Ski Boat Club before first light only to be welcomed by strong winds. Eventually decided to go back home to bed. No sooner had I got home & the bloody wind died.

It's great to see a cple of posts from Durban based guys catching fish as it appears as though all the fish have moved South for HT, Miles & the rest of the guys to catch. Makes me green with envy.
 
Top