Saint Lucia and surrounds

Psyco bob

New member
Hi guys I need some help please
I'm sitting here sweating my balls off after a long day on the road
The weather was terrible windy all day
I drove km's of beach not a single fisherman in sight, I was told to take a drive to
Cape Vidal but not sure how long that is or how safe that is, this place has warning
Signs to be careful of hippos and crocs and I have my wife and kids with me
PM me if need be please
I came all the way from the cape and didn't want to just take the rod with for a jou ride
I have some plugs and spoons in different shapes and sizes and colours
 

kennylau

Senior Member
Do a search on this forum with regards to St Lucia. You will find a gentleman by the name of Willem Wikkel Spies whom describes fishing at St Lucia in detail.

He is also at present down there in St Lucia I believe on a fishing trip. I am sure he will give you some good advice.

The Hippos and crocks are in the estuary and not in the sea at Vidal. There is a few nice spots on the way to vidal.

::tight:
 

abriedem

New member
Psyco bob wrote:
Hi guys I need some help please
I'm sitting here sweating my balls off after a long day on the road
The weather was terrible windy all day
I drove km's of beach not a single fisherman in sight, I was told to take a drive to
Cape Vidal but not sure how long that is or how safe that is, this place has warning
Signs to be careful of hippos and crocs and I have my wife and kids with me
PM me if need be please
I came all the way from the cape and didn't want to just take the rod with for a jou ride
I have some plugs and spoons in different shapes and sizes and colours

Hi Psyco bob,

I fished Vidal a lot and is most probably a better option if you want do some lure fishing. There is a ledge on the right side of the swimming beach where the guys had good success in the past. You will see it makes a nice little bay at low tide and works well if you spin for small kingies and shad,and a nice place for small kids to enjoy playing in the water.

Concerning the warnings you mentioned. You will be driving through a wild life sanctuary between St Lucia and Vidal and the wild life roam free
It is possible that you can come across some hippo,but don't do silly things like getting out of your car. If it is in the road just stop and wait for it to move on.I have hardly seen them in the daytime, they are more active at night and to be honest, you have a better chance to encounter them in St Lucia than in Vidal
The kids will enjoy Vidal.
The crocks are in the lake and I have never seen them in the vicinity of the beach, you should be safe.
Enjoy your stay there it is a stunning place.
Hope this will help put you at ease.

Abrie
 
Top