Rooikrans

wonderworm

I SAY SE . . .G@+!!!!!
i will fish where i want to, where it is legal and if they have a problem KRYP IN JOU M@$#%!!!. .

How do you expect to land a fish if we dont work together and have respect for other anglers, they must grow up!!!!

Attachments

• big butt monkey.jpg
    big butt monkey.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 567

Ledge

Joker wrote:
@ L. Now that's more what i want to read. :) leka solid advice. Just dont turn out like those blokes out on the ledge boet :) here's to a good 'tail season.
I fish for the love of the sport, the enjoyment of the hunt and the camaraderie amongst like minded sportsmen... Yellowtail from the side is what brings us back over and over. I agree with what one of the other blokes said: "It is hard work"!
With regards to turning out like the other blokes... I live in hope that we can focus on the sport and the good times. Here's to a great season indeed! Tight lines.

Whaler

Sealiner
I've managed to catch one, but not at Rooikranz, it was at a place called Herman on the SC coast

Attachments

• herman 001.jpg
    herman 001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 480

Whaler

Sealiner
Whaler wrote:
jopad wrote:
Nightfox wrote:
jopad wrote:
iv been going down there for a few years and dont belong to any clan and have never been abused or maybe havnt given anyone a chance to do so. maybe newbies  to the krantz should first spend some time and watch how this spinning thing is done before trying their own thing .i  dont think the problem is the amount of guys down there but is the amount of guys doing the wrong thing and spoiling everyone elses day. one of the experienced manne said to me "if someone throws a stone over you then you will go and inspect but if there are ten stones coming at you, run like hell". thats what the yellowtail does if they are bombeb. i believe in the LLL ( look listen learn ).
@ Rofflign lol
if its a beginner then it might be a brick
hi

i see you have caught a tail at rookranz, can you tell us what tackle is the best suited for the spot? eg, log rod or short rod? what type of spoon?
OK, so no tips then? i'l have to come do it the hard way! "steel with the eyes" thanks any way...

Press On

Whaler wrote:
Whaler wrote:
jopad wrote:
Nightfox wrote:
jopad wrote:
iv been going down there for a few years and dont belong to any clan and have never been abused or maybe havnt given anyone a chance to do so. maybe newbies  to the krantz should first spend some time and watch how this spinning thing is done before trying their own thing .i  dont think the problem is the amount of guys down there but is the amount of guys doing the wrong thing and spoiling everyone elses day. one of the experienced manne said to me "if someone throws a stone over you then you will go and inspect but if there are ten stones coming at you, run like hell". thats what the yellowtail does if they are bombeb. i believe in the LLL ( look listen learn ).
@ Rofflign lol
if its a beginner then it might be a brick
hi

i see you have caught a tail at rookranz, can you tell us what tackle is the best suited for the spot? eg, log rod or short rod? what type of spoon?
OK, so no tips then? i'l have to come do it the hard way! "steel with the eyes" thanks any way...
relax! stealing with the eyes is the best way . my tackle is 10ft exage 30sl or 50sl daiwa with 16kg and a variety of plugs and spinners.LOTS of drinking water. as for the hard work Ledge has got it summed up.there are lucky times that one could catch more than one in a day and there are seasons that you catch nothing at all.the best tip is to bring protection against the elements (weather)

Whaler

Sealiner
obeid wrote:
what size hooks did you have to use for a yellowtail like your one whaler
Hi

Mine was caught while fishing for sharks! it was my last cast for the day and i wasn't feeling like putting out another slide, so i used a bite trace with a 8/0 hook with a whole pilchard! i don't think the bait made it to the bottom before i got picked up, wasn't a very good fight co's i thought it to be another smoothhound and pulled the hell out of it! imagine my surprize when the oke with the gaff shouted GEELSTERT! up to that point i had never even seen one alive.

Nightfox

I would imagine that a stradic 8000 and shimano 110 rod would do the job perfectly, but i never fished there so best one of the guys that fish there give advice.

jb2

Sealiner
Ocean Hunter wrote:
jb2 wrote:
Ocean Hunter wrote:
Aqua84 wrote:
@oceanhunter - I have been there once, about march this year. Boy did we have fun ! We did exactly that, slid out yellowtail heads !! Boy did we go on, only managed to land 2 cows, but that water is very deep and full of toothy critters.
Ive heard that there are some huge bronzies swimming around there!
You have no idea! Try getting into the water with them and discusssing who the owner of a speared yellowtail should be!
Haha, I can only imagine! I dont have the guts to spearfish, especially in False Bay. I take my hat off to you.
But who says that I don't loose bladder control and swim away squeeling like a girl?!