Rod Holders on roof rack

Mannie

Sealiner
Hi guys

Does anyone know where I can get the rod holders to put onto the roofrack of my canopy here in the PE area? The roofrack is on (bought the bakkie like that) and now I'm looking for the rodholders. I've been to Commercial Marine, Alcocks, Hook Line & Sinker and some Midas stores, no luck. Some of these places only have the rodholders with the roofracks.

It can be the plastic ones or stainless steel which can lock.

Any help would be appreciated.
 

Trophy

Sealiner
Hiya Mannie,

Got mine from Midas Lintongrange?

They are made local and retail for R500.

Used many racks, but this type is good bang for your bucks!
 

Mannie

Sealiner
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Mannie,

Got mine from Midas Lintongrange?

They are made local and retail for R500.

Used many racks, but this type is good bang for your bucks!
Now that's probably the only Midas in PE I didn't go to. But can I only get the rod holders or do I need to buy the roof rack with it? I've already got a roofrack on the canopy.
 

SCUBA Patrol

New member
Mannie,

kyk na thule, en dan is daar ouens in die Kaap wat ook maak, en ek weet van 'n ou in JHB. Sal bietjie navrae doen en laat weet.
 

Koper

Senior Member
Hi Trophy

Please is it possible for a photo of your rod carriers, so I now what to look for.

Edit:  It's OK - didn't realize you were talking about the lockable type.
 

Mannie

Sealiner
Went to Midas Linton Grange, they don't stock it anymore only the suction cups. Anybody know of anywhere else? I got a number of a guy in Cape Town that makes the stainless steel ones which can lock but I first want to see if I can't come right here in PE.
 

Arno Nel

Sealiner
Mannie - Bel vir Vissermans Vriend op Despatch. Meksine kan Karen jou help of jou dalk in die regte rigting stuur om hulle te kan kry.
 

Mannie

Sealiner
R@ggie wrote:
Try errol holmes,they used to sell the pieces of the rack lose

Errol Holmes has gone bang. The guy that did the tackle shop was liquidated, but apparently Errol is still doing rods from his home, didn't affect him.

Thanks Vrottes, as ek nie reg kom hier in PE nie sal ek hom e-mail (wat lyk asof dit die geval gaan wees).
 
Top