Rod and Reel combination

Tyson

New member
Hi fellow fishermen

i was given a daiwa excellar plus model 4000e by a friend. I have a 300/0 purglass rod. Is this a good combination.I would like to fit 50lb fireline onto the reel. Iwant to use the combo for throwing spoons and onde ondes. Is this a good combo? Any advice will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Tyson

 
 

Dorado75

Sealiner
thats a excellent reel, i have the 3500 and have caught plenty plenty fish with it..... sorry, cant comment on the rod though...
 

jaccil

Senior Member
50lb Fireline on a 4000 sounds a bit heavy - you'll only get about 100m of that line on the reel.  15lb Fireline or 20lb PowerPro might be a better idea , max 20lb Fireline or 30lb PowerPro.
 

couta-koppie

Senior Member
Well, the purglass 300/0 rod is a extremely good rod. Did you get the E-Glass model or the Graphite model? Cause the E-Glass won't do for dropshotting, it's more a Grunter stick.
 

neilg

Sealiner
Excellent reel, I have the 3000 Exceller Plus, but as said, don't go too heavy ! I would really say 20lb max on Fireline, on a thinner casting braid maybe 30lb (as was already said)

Don't know the rod so can't comment.
 
Top