Rename forum heading?

Andre Laas

Sealiner
I know it is probably stupid to complain about a forum heading, but I was wondering if it would not be worth wile and more appropriate to rename the heading "Dropshotting" to "lure angling"

The term "dropshotting" is rather confusing, and does not encompass lures like poppers, jerk baits and bucktails, which is also discussed under this heading. The heading drop-shotting should most likely be moved to a section for soft plastics or something of the sort as it is a subdivision thereof.

Ja, I know I am being a pain, but it is just my 2c
 

Marshie

Senior Member
You have my vote...  I know there are a bunch of other blokes who would also agree - Nepptune for one. 
 

Homie

Sealiner
In the infamous words of William,

 

" Would a rose by any other name smell less sweet ??? "  ::happyd:

 

Or something like that ......:lol:1

by the way,   wheres Nepps ???
 

Hooked

Senior Member
Seen him log on and off so hes still alive , maybe the salmon is back in time and we've all been dropped till she leaves again.lol
 

dugongboy

Sealiner
'Dropshot' is just a term that has been 'bastardised' from a jonks old bass fishing technique! (do a search on Google - nobody seems to knows what it is.)the Yanks and Aussies call it 'soft plastics' and so should we.
Think about it - it is a lead head jig with an expensive(Berkley) plastic fish attached instead of bucktail or feathers.
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
Call it Buck tail fishing, light salt water lure fishing, soft plastics.

Its still a lot of fun.

But I agree with you guys to change the name drop shot fishing.
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
Sorry I been late on adding to this one... You all know I defintely agree... I hate the term dropsshotting.... but in the end, it doesn't really matter, just so long as someone doesn't tell me " You can't fish with that and call it this" or attempt to tell me how I can or can't fish, and what I can and can't fish with, then you can call it lolly gagging for all I care....

Personally I think "Soft Plastics" or "Soft Baits" is a much better term for what is now termed "Dropshotting", but a better over all term for this section of the Forum should be "Light Tackle Inshore".....

As to my absence over the last while... a number of things.. Work has been mental, my old man is incredibly ill... and so my time on her has been limited...

As to my Canadian Salmon... I catually released her a while back... She was an awesome girl, but I realised that as great as Canadian Salmon is, I much prefer a Cape Point Yellowtail in the end, so after much hell and high water, I'm back with my ex.... :)
 

Homie

Sealiner
Hey Nepps,
Good to have you back bru,

Really sorry to hear about your dad. Just hang in there and be tough. Cherish the time you have bru. I can understand what its like, I lost both my folks within 3 years, and they were both ill, and passed away before they reached 50.

In my prayers !
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
Hooked - Bru, in my industry, do you realy think I'd settle for a Barbel?!?!? :)

Hahahahaha@

 

Homie - Thanks for your thoughts bro, much appreciated.
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
[color=#006600]Hammertime[/color] wrote:
Nepptune, you look sick.
Take Friday off and run to the deep with me.:temp:

HT - Bro, I need a dose of Vitamin Sea for sure mate, and I would love to take you up on the offer, but I'm flying up to the folks again on Friday at 13:00 so gonna have to rain check brother....

 

At least I'm taking a client onto the streams tomorrow morning, so I'll get some fishing in finally...

Cheers brother, will call ya tonight
 

neilg

Sealiner
Also agree with the lure angling, or something to that effect.

Dropshot sounds like something that happens before a boxer hits the ground.

Nepptune, be strong, life is cruel China.
 
Top