Recent St. Lucia Dropshotting

fisheezy

New member
Guys, has anybody fished St. Lucia recently? Any idea of which spots were producing and on what kind of bait / tackle? I'm going up there next week and hoping to get a good few fish.
 

fisheezy

New member
Maybe not many people been up there recently, anyone having luck on the North Coast area lately? (Cape Vidal, Sodwana etc)
 

Juan P

Senior Member
Fisheezy,

Wave garrick (3 spot pompano) should be around. 3" clear colour minnows should do the trick. B8fish on this site, smached the wave garrick at Vidal using white coloured minnows. He also had a kingie smaching him, and unfortunately the hook pulled.The berkley worms should also work for the pompano, and stumpies.

Fresh bait: Fresh chokka, and pink prawns will be my first choice for any of the edible species on that coast.

Good luck, and take some nice photo's to share.

PS. I might take a drive to Vidal next week Friday, to spend the day.
 

fisheezy

New member
Thanks Juan,I'll grab a packet of them white minnows, got most of other stuff already. Hoping to get into a couple of Kingie's! Hopefully I'll have some pics to post on around the 5th or so!
 
Top