Up here in West Africa we dont get the same fish as you guys, but essentially the theory remains the same I believe.
We're ending the rainy season
just about now ('cept for the odd thunderstorm or 2 a day) and since the start of the 'monsoon' the fish activity has seriously gone down the drain. I can logically explain the sewage running down and discolouring the water and then lasting for a couple of days, as i think it does take some time for the fish to return. But like today there was quite a storm in the morning but the 'dirt' have not reached us yet from the dainage/rivers and although the water has been crystal clear for a week or 2 now and I have caught some on Sat - there was absoletly F@(kall happening today - not even a garfish skittering when my lure plunges (and I have tried every lure in every manner). Maybe it is just the season for the gamefish to be 'gone'. Keep in mind that I'm landlocked (R&S)
.
So...my Q being, how does the RAIN (water colour) really affect the activity? Do the fish head out deep in certain seasons for certain reasons (as the water temp. is allways a constant up here, 'cept for the K@k in the rainy season).
Any insight will be appriciated.
We're ending the rainy season
just about now ('cept for the odd thunderstorm or 2 a day) and since the start of the 'monsoon' the fish activity has seriously gone down the drain. I can logically explain the sewage running down and discolouring the water and then lasting for a couple of days, as i think it does take some time for the fish to return. But like today there was quite a storm in the morning but the 'dirt' have not reached us yet from the dainage/rivers and although the water has been crystal clear for a week or 2 now and I have caught some on Sat - there was absoletly F@(kall happening today - not even a garfish skittering when my lure plunges (and I have tried every lure in every manner). Maybe it is just the season for the gamefish to be 'gone'. Keep in mind that I'm landlocked (R&S)
. So...my Q being, how does the RAIN (water colour) really affect the activity? Do the fish head out deep in certain seasons for certain reasons (as the water temp. is allways a constant up here, 'cept for the K@k in the rainy season).
Any insight will be appriciated.
