Quantum Surge 60

Patrick

Sealiner
Eviltoy,

I use mine on an 8ft rod spinning for tail as a backup for my Stradic, and also for light jigging for cape snoek. Ideal for spinning and light jigging. I honestly doubt its capable of ever being a serious jigging reel. Anything over 15kg's and i think you'll hear gears crunching. But perfect for our cape inshore fish. Throwing plastics off a boat with a heavy jighead no problem, but for light dropshot applications in estuaries/rivers the reel is too big n bulky i'd say. They dont make a smaller reel than their 50 if i'm not mistaken so thats the smallest on offer in that model. But still darn good reels for that price.
 

eviltoy

Senior Member
Hmmm the thing is this reel will be used for alles except anything that involves a boat :p. I never use grinders hence my confusion. And I need the line capacity for my ego :p 250m of 20lb fireline and I am happy and this reel fits the budget as well as the capacity.
 

roland

Sealiner
why not give the surge a go? havent heard any of the quantum guys complain about any of their quantum reels
 

eviltoy

Senior Member
I went for a slade 4000 spooled with  some OKUMA??? 22lb braid dunno how thats gonna go but it will have to do for now till I get back from Witsand then I will buy some Tuffline to go with it
 
Top