One cast

Bux

Senior Member
Neil, you know before this site i was convinced all good lures MUST have treble hooks, so I snelled three of my best hooks together to form a treble and put them on my last spoon I had (all the others where casulties of war and rocks). Luckely for me I discovered this wonderful site which really has showed me all the mistakes that was being made.

Diesel - Sierra Leone (Garastan) is good actually, the war left nothing here, except thousands of mutilated survivors. The people are mostly very friendly as they know you might be a source of income (my wive is asked every week to marry some guy she never met on the beach). As for the country... beautiful beaches and rainforests. But in the end its just another impoverished, corrupted, ruined African country but still plenty of fish in the dryseason (world record Tarpon a bit south of my location). And finally I'm the GM of a small aviation company providing helicopter services.
 

Loams

Sealiner
I'd love to fish for Tarpon someday!! I saw a doccy on Discovery about some dude taking them on light tackle in the mangroves of (I think) Cuba.... Looks like great fun
 
Top