new to kayaking

Kingfisher1000

New member
Hi there everyone, i am getting and stealth 575 kayak next month,just want to find out what fisfinders can i look at buying, and how many people with kayaks are there on this site, i want to join, where about do u guys go out, and how far do u go out? What lures will suit me, ancher, etc, help will be appriciated.
 

Malgas

Senior Member
Hi KF1000, you are welcome to contact us and we can help, also if new to skishing then you can join us on a trip to the Bay(pm me your details and I will get back to you).

Depends on your budget $$$$!, as a fish finder can cost more than a ski. There are as many combinations and choices as fishing skis. I advise you consider a GPS before a ff. Or to go for a combo unit if you can afford it. Personally I go for the bottom of the range Garmin FF and separate Garmin GPS- works for me. I find the transducer cable has a shorter life span and invariably goes just outside of warranty and is about as much as the FF to replace! If you can leave your ff permanently mounted on your ski Stealth offers a hatches which allows for a permanent ff mount. Quite handy as taking on and off may leads to a greater likelihood of corrosion? You can check out http//:www.fishingski101.co.za/wp and head to the page regarding ff -not the final word by any means but hopefully helpful. See 2nd sticky post on this site>
 

Speedmaster

Senior Member
I used a lowrange elite 4 HDI combo on my kayak. Worked very well. Price was R4500 about 3 years ago.

The maps for the GPS is another R2000. Not really needed on kayak, but nice to have.
 

gpvdm89

New member
hi kf1000 how is the kayak going I'm also new getting myself an stealth evo 465 tomorrow would like to know some tips and where to join ect.
 
Top