"New" Sinker

Koper

Senior Member
During our club outing on Saturday the talk eventually drift to sinkers.  One of the guys showed us a sinker he picked up along the Henties coastline during his recent visit.

I think this is a simple but brilliant concept to make our own sinkers, just to get a mould, the grab part can be mass produced or something.

Has anyone seen this before?  And if yes, is this available in the good old RSA?

IMG_1174.jpg



IMG_1175.jpg
 

Abaddon

Sealiner
Personally think it will just drive the cost of those expendable little commodities higher than I am prepared to go.

Some nice looking kit on that forum though..
 

Simen

Sealiner
Have a mould like that, Gemini, actually just given it to a mate, to expensive to import the screw on heads.

 

 
 

On Dad

Sealiner
Koper wrote:
During our club outing on Saturday the talk eventually drift to sinkers.  One of the guys showed us a sinker he picked up along the Henties coastline during his recent visit.

I think this is a simple but brilliant concept to make our own sinkers, just to get a mould, the grab part can be mass produced or something.

Has anyone seen this before?  And if yes, is this available in the good old RSA?

IMG_1174.jpg



IMG_1175.jpg
YOU can buy them here in PE - PHONE ``SNORRE `` @  0827198076
 

Trophy

Sealiner
Hiya Guys,

They are being made in Nam, not sure by who though.

Snorre got them there on his last fishing trip a month or two back.
 

jaccil

Senior Member
You can buy the Gemini mould kits online, but as Simen said, the (patented) heads are rather expensive to import. I had the System 100+ kit and it's quite cool, but still the bits are expensive.

The one problem I had with these sinkers, is that a light (0.40mm) hook trace for steenbras (that is longer than the sinker trace) can get tangled in the wires. I have lost a number of steenbras because of this, with the line breaking where it is tangled in the wires. So, if you want to fish with these sinkers, either keep your hook trace shorter or use a thicker line for the hook trace.
 

David Taylor

New member
I'd be interested to see how well it works.

Maybe should start a different thread for this rather than hijacking, but can you get slide sinker moulds anywhere.
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
There is a company called Dvice that has similar concepts but what they have that I REALLY would like is the one with a tube on the back. It allows you to cast a bait with the hook line longer than the sinker line.
http://s220846018.e-shop.info/shop/category_3/DVice-_-DV8-Casting-Capsules.html?shop_param=cid%3D%26
@R50 a piece without postage they are pricey and that's why I've yet to order. I have often considered trying to make my own??
 
Top