Moz Trip Report and Fish Pics

aquadementia

Sealiner
Pity about the weather, at least you all had a jol and some action

just btw, those jobfish are Aphareus rutilans (i.e. Rusty) not Pristipomoides filamentosus (Rosy)
 

royboy

Sealiner
AD - thanks for the correction! Without sounding like a total fool ...... I truthfully didn't even know there was such a Jobbie as a Rusty! I thought Green and Red..... and nobody told us any different. Good eyes?

You young buggers are sharp! Please keep the corrections coming! Ballies can learn from you!
 

ripplefisher

Senior Member
Hi RB,

Good to see some fish where caught, that emperor is a nice catch!

I must admit, i did have a wry smile reading the report - i see i wasn't the only one on a trip in August who experienced less than fair weather conditions - lol...!

RF
 

Fanie

Sealiner
Royboy, some nice fish there. Makes me want to up and leave here. Pity those pics were squished flat a bit, probably to make the fish looks a bit bigger ;-) Very nice never the less, wish I was there...
 

werries

Senior Member
Hi Roy, I was looking fwd to reading your report on this trip! I must admit that I was super jealous of you and Andre fishing with ChrisW and the likes at Hell's Gate after chatting to you guys at the boatshow! Chris is a cool guy and it was nice picking his brain.
Pity about the weather though but you guys got some nice fish nonetheless...
Cheers Mate
 

David Sharples

New member
royboy wrote:
AD - thanks for the correction! Without sounding like a total fool ...... I truthfully didn't even know there was such a Jobbie as a Rusty! I thought Green and Red..... and nobody told us any different. Good eyes?

You young buggers are sharp! Please keep the corrections coming! Ballies can learn from you!

Those red jobfish/rusty jobfish/kal kal/kerisi etc etc are the tastiest fish in the sea! We caught loads on seychelles, they have meat thats almost the texture of chicken but more moist with a delicious flavour.

 

And they go like stink on a light rod! Looking forward to one next ends up on my plate.
 

aquadementia

Sealiner
here ya go :)

rosy
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_8990.htm

rusty
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Rusty-Jobfish-Aphareus-rutilans-Cuvier-1830
 
Top