Mosselbay, George, Knyna

JG Swart

Senior Member
Any kayakers around Mosselbay, George, Knyna. Trying to get a few people together for some fishing. Maybe start a kayak club. Please let me know.
 

Psy

Sealiner
Im learning the ropes, have no partner to go to sea with yet.Working in Sedge lagoon @ present.Keep us posted ~ will look for paddlers

:)
 

JG Swart

Senior Member
PSY will pm you as soon im in that area again.Launch from wilderness, and fish around VBay area. Please help look for more yakers around South Cape.
 

Vis Burger

New member
:kaykakPlease give me a call guys i live in Knysna and can fish anywhere from George to plett area. Have motorised kayak so i can tow guys if wind picks up!! lol .

0729578180
::S
 

Psy

Sealiner
Ou's i went to parkeraad this morning in Ebb and Flow, we had a meeting, and seems like there is a buncha ouens already doing what we wanna do. Will find out more and keep yawl posted ok?

:)
 

Vis Burger

New member
Thanks please keep me posted im rearing to hit those reefs around cola beach ,the guys get nice kobbies there etc.^^..:wfish

regards

Visburger
 

Psy

Sealiner
Vis burger
Those very reefs are the topic of gr8 discussion within the parks agenda, so dont push the issue just yet. The resident reef speicies are not the type to move/migrate and this is the concern. If we all go willy nilly and exploit them there will be nothing left for the next generation.
There is plan to install detectors etc below water to monitor surface traffic and cameras below to photo/film the residing fish.

Parks/Conservation are getting clever hey ::S
 

Vis Burger

New member
No Problem

I only keep what im gonna eat anyway ,so dont worry im against catching too many fish.:ifishin

Please let me know if you are going out would love to join,even in the lagoons
 

KAROOLS123

New member
Hi Guys

My name is Quintus.
I started the garden route fishing social club but due to lack of interest we stopped it. The problem was getting the guys together to go out in bigger groups out at sea but some fellows didn't want to share their knowledge.
I still have the list of kayakers for those who are interested.

Regards

Quintus
 

JG Swart

Senior Member
I know the feeling in putting in the effort in starting a club and not much happening. The thing is if you got 5 guys that fish regularly you got your social club started. Our club started out with 5 guys and at the end of the year had 23 members. But it was a art-lure club. Are you still keen on starting the club? We are 2 guys from Oudtshoorn. 2 more and you got yourself a starting point.
 

KAROOLS123

New member
Hi guys

I sold my ski 3 weeks ago but I have had a lot of guys sms me regarding kayak fishing and I have an urge to get all geared up again!

I am still keen to grow the kayaking community and know it will be beneficial for all the guys regarding knowledge and most of all safety.

Anyone know of a second hand ski (ONLY STEALTH) please give me a shout. IF YOU GUYS ARE AS MOTIVATED AS YOU SEEM, I KNOW THIS CAN WORK!

Chat soon!
 

Vis Burger

New member
Like i said before im ready to go ! give me  a call ,im on leave from 11june for the month so anytime ! I live in Knysna .

0729578180::S:wfish
 
Top