Morning Gents, I believe kingfisher brought out a

Juan P

Senior Member
Morning Gents,

I believe kingfisher brought out a new casting braid (coated), which has similar properties as Berkley Fireline. Anyone out there that has tried it before? Would like to know your views before purchasing.

Cheers,

Juan
 

sardinella

Senior Member
There will have to pass at least a thousand spring tides before I touch any kingfisher braid again - once bitten twice shy :X
 

Juan P

Senior Member
Guys, the one in question is newly developed - it's a casting braid (also coated like fireline), specially designed for spinning reels (that's what I was told). I will check it out, and make my decision from there. Fireline is getting ridiculous expensive now. Tackle has gone up with between 15-25%, all thanks to the exchange rate.
 

esatpil

Senior Member
Juan P,

Other than the exchange rate the demand for Fireline since the introduction of dropshitting has also contributed to the price increase.

Your right costed me 500 rands to spool my Abu Revo Inshore with 20lb Fireline.
 

esatpil

Senior Member
[color="#006600"]esatpil[/color] wrote:
Juan P,

Other than the exchange rate the demand for Fireline since the introduction of dropshitting has also contributed to the price increase.

Your right costed me 500 rands to spool my Abu Revo Inshore with 20lb Fireline.
Sorry I meant dropshotting,just that the letter I and O are next to each other and with my super speed typing skills I make mistakes:headb
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
 

:clap12 Thats funny. :clap12

 

Finger trouble can get one in trouble quick.:X

 

I prefer to stick to stuff that I know that works. Although more expensive I know I will enjoy the trip. Instead of getting frustrated while fishing. Due to poor quality equipment and gear.
 

dugongboy

Sealiner
I checked it out yesterday - R150 for 150m 20lb - Berkley is R200 for 120yds 19lb - I would say stick with the Berkley untill the KF is tested - any testers???
 

Juan P

Senior Member
I might try it, if I like what I see and feel. However, 20lb is a bit over kill for dropshot, I'll go for the 8 - 12lb instead
 
I seen this new spinning braid on the shelves just before our recent durnford social trip and was too tempted to purchase it for the trip, now that we back i will definately be taking a spool off it for a trip off light tackle fishing...going to try for something between 15 and 20lb breaking strain...will definately put up a review as soon as i can..

It must be noted that there is a huge difference in construction and feel between kingfishers new spinning braid and the older backing braid... So far it looks highly positive...
 
Got a spool this afternoon...been tinkling with it in some comparisins to the other braids i have... I must reiterate that it feels exactly like fireline with that waxy coated feel on it..

Unlike the other kingfisher braid which is uncoated this one is round and there is no separation off the fibres...the braid seems to hold NO memory so line spool tension seems to be at worst a very controlable problem...

Hoping to give it a bash this coming saturday morning so will let u guys know how it fared then...
 

Homie

Sealiner
Thanks M/A;)

How does this compare to Firelines price ??? I need to spool two spools of my Excellor 3000.:?

 

Thanks bru
 
Top