Nooooo Dudes!!! I ws there!!! I didn't know that we had nocturnal species among us.. lol.. I thought Leaving home at 7:55am was early...

but it's obvious I wake up 4 hrs too late... lol
Anyways, sorry guys... I honestly didn't mean to appear to not turn up. Now it makes more sense..... Everytime I go to the beach, even sometimes at "early hours" , like 7am, there are always dudes packing up to go home!!!! (Gee whizz... they had probably paddled up and down countless number of times, and had their fill!!)
:doh Sorry again guys... lol But ANYWAYS.... true to my word, I caught a fish!!!
Yep... I caught quite a few too.. Diff species too... And in true Mooch style, my storie goes like this.....:::::
"""Ok... it's Sunday morning.. Managed to dodge the wifie, dropped the lil one off at his grandparents.. Right... Missing church as well, so this trip gotta be a good one... Ok... all loaded up, and arrive at a "new launching spot"... lol (Guess who's getting confident!!!) Ok.. the new spot is at the lifesaving club, next to uShaka... Ok... ski off the car, and away I go.
The tide was VERY low, so it was like launching at Midmar Dam!!! lol (Not that launching is a prob anymore.. ) So yeah.. 1, 2, 3 paddles and I'm out....
Ok... gee whizz.. things look pretty quiet today... But I think, "Never mind dude, you know how the drill goes... Just keep paddling out, and you'll meet people there..."
So I paddle and paddle... but nothing... So I go more towards the harbour mouth side... BOOM!!!! 2 dudes in a 2 man plastic kayak... and guess what???
THEY ARE FISHING!!!!!!!!! So during my splish, splash, paddle-dee paddling, I pluck up the courage to say hi, and ask em what they're doing.. (Dahhh) Lol, I know... (I was probably expecting em to say something like... "Hey dude wussup... What are we doing here?? Well, we just thought we'd paddle all the way out here to do a quick oil change on the canoe, or possibly replace a few compression rings on the 4th piston, whilst we were at it...!!!) lol
But strangly enough the guys were welcoming!!! So welcoming, that they tied my Supa light to their Kayak, and we all started fishing together!! Wow!!! Gotta love Durban people!!! Such cool dudes!!! These 2 guys helped me out so much, that it wasn't even funny.. within 2 min, I had my first bite!!! As the bait hit the water, my rod went boom, boom, boom!!!! Gee whizz... the excitement!!! Turns out, that these guys had caught themselves up in a shoal of Karanteen or something of the sort... But wow.. what fun!!! Doof... doof... doof!!!! Then a whole lot of diff species were on the bite!!! Wow.. Lovely man!! Nothing bigger than the size of my hand perhaps, but nonetheless, what a TERRIFIC day out!!!
Oh and BIG UPs to the ski boats that came flying past us at 60km/h.... I think at the time we were tied together, even if the Titanic came flying past us, we wouldn't have toppled!! We were like THE most stable LOG / Raft / Paddle-Kayaking / Fibre-plastic thing a ma jig on the water at the time!!! But anyways, thanks again to the ski-boat skippers... You just reminded me of how i felt, the day my dad decided to get rid of the power boat!!! Good ridance.... lol
Anyways... the wind got choppy, and my arms got sore, so I troddled off to my spot, and beached... (I didn't even fall off!!!) Who the man!!!!??? lol
Next trip out will definately be more organised, with ph calls etc, to confirm. I can't wait to go out with you guys... Sorry for making you wait for me.. I honestly would never have done that deliberately.. (I've been let down by paddlers, that wannad to meet me for a paddle at Addington... but they 90% don't show up, without no ph calls, nudda.... So once again, I'm truly sorry.. Perhaps an example of miscommunication / interpretation??? (MY early 7.. your's being 5??? )
:kaykak
Anyways... till next time.... Keep em lines tight, bum down and eyes open....
Cheerio...
Mooch:sval: