Monwabisi Coastal Resort Issues

I am busy with a project at Monwabisi Coastal Resort to upgrade the resort in the short, medium and long term.

I am interested in finding out from anglers and other users about their experiences of the resort, any issues , problems and concerns as well as any opportunities or possibilities for the site.

How do we improve the site?, what should be located there that would make it more enjoyable ( ie bait shop?)

I would really appreciate your comments.
 

RINEX

Sealiner
Monwabisi Survey wrote:
I am busy with a project at Monwabisi Coastal Resort to upgrade the resort in the short, medium and long term.

I am interested in finding out from anglers and other users about their experiences of the resort, any issues , problems and concerns as well as any opportunities or possibilities for the site.

How do we improve the site?, what should be located there that would make it more enjoyable ( ie bait shop?)

I would really appreciate your comments.

:welcomesea::welcomesea::welcomesea::welcomesea::welcomesea:

Monwabisi is a very underrated angling spot and one of my favorites spots.

Concerns :

Security...Security Security ,too many car break-ins and people feel unsafe there.
The parking lot get swamped by guys coming to drink and "smoke".

Bait Shop :

No ..Anglers bring there bait and tackle from "home".
We fish early morning and at night,dont think the the shop-hours will justify potential business.
More of the profit will be spend on security and insurance..so no forget about it.
 

JD

Sealiner
rinex wrote:
Monwabisi Survey wrote:
I am busy with a project at Monwabisi Coastal Resort to upgrade the resort in the short, medium and long term.

I am interested in finding out from anglers and other users about their experiences of the resort, any issues , problems and concerns as well as any opportunities or possibilities for the site.

How do we improve the site?, what should be located there that would make it more enjoyable ( ie bait shop?)

I would really appreciate your comments.

:welcomesea::welcomesea::welcomesea::welcomesea::welcomesea:

Monwabisi is a very underrated angling spot and one of my favorites spots.

Concerns :

Security...Security Security ,too many car break-ins and people feel unsafe there.
The parking lot get swamped by guys coming to drink and "smoke".

Bait Shop :

No ..Anglers bring there bait and tackle from "home".
We fish early morning and at night,dont think the the shop-hours will justify potential business.
More of the profit will be spend on security and insurance..so no forget about it.

Second that!
 

DJP

Sealiner
Just for clarity, is this the resort on top of the hill/dune or the area by the breakwall and tidal pool?
 

Pylstert

Sealiner
Thanks this is long overdue, some simple things can be done to make the place better, a start would be a gate to allow access to 2de baai, that fence must get broken down and repared on a weekly basis, just please give us a gate, how difficult can it be? And security is really important.
 

BigBen

Sealiner
U guys r confused...The resort is the Chalets on the hill and the Pool( Angling spots) the Cities domain...

1: The chalets r indeed a white elephant and a loss on income due to the Tsotsies breakin in and the prostitutes doing their trade there...

2: Don't waist ur tym and energy to upgrade..

3: Rather look @ getting the City to improve the lighting and the road..U' r blocked in with one entry/exit...If anything happens u cornered in.

BB
 

subaruseun

Sealiner
Monwabisi Survey wrote:
I am busy with a project at Monwabisi Coastal Resort to upgrade the resort in the short, medium and long term.

I am interested in finding out from anglers and other users about their experiences of the resort, any issues , problems and concerns as well as any opportunities or possibilities for the site.

How do we improve the site?, what should be located there that would make it more enjoyable ( ie bait shop?)

I would really appreciate your comments.


hi there.

are you a private developer or do you represent the city?
i ask this as i have tried before to get some kind of answers from the people in charge who led me to a dead end...

how about reinstating a parking token system, charging anglers to park there and providing security.

the area is a well frequented angling destination, so if you provide proper parking it might be winner.

some suggestions:

that a section of the dune fence becomes gated and needs to be controlled.
that the chalets become operational!?! when? even anglers could start using it.


hope this helps
 
Top