Meerhof/ Roos se oord ?

HennieB

Sealiner
Don't know what the streets name is, but when you get to that huge windmill restaurant turn left at that traffic light and just keeping going straight past the school and Meerhof is on the right.
 

woofles

Member
hey there HennieB, i've went to meerhof about 3 times already. Caught -+ 6 carp without a canoe and on almond dip, with almond floatie.  Need your advice thou on other good baits that work, distance to cast and best spots at meerhof....rem casting from bank between the 2 dead trees(tree on land not in water).  Appreciate your help
 

HennieB

Sealiner
Try almond pips and sweet white dough. You can also try banjo, pineapple and tcp. Cast as close as possible to the cement blocks.
 

woofles

Member
thanks will try, this weekend...oh just 1 more question, i'm trying to find out which are the best rigs to use, and so far i read 'rietvlei rig' and the 'boer strop'....i know the rietvlei but not sure what the boer strop is....if you know kindly explain and if possible show me via an image thanks again.
 

Adriaand

New member
Was there yesterday from 7 - 4.Caught nothing.Tried everything in my box. Your line jumps then dead.Only people that caught was those who took they're lines in bethween the cement blocks.
 

dvollet

New member
Hi guys,

Any other news from Meerhof ?

I am still planning to be there Friday to Sunday will look out if I can get to the cement blocks. hope its open.

I am also targeting Barbel, will use garden Snails, chuck, and anything else that will fit on the hook!

Hope this weather is not going to had to bad a effect on the fish.
 

dvollet

New member
Hi Guys,

We had a grate time at Meerhof I was there at 6:30 Friday morning had my lines in at 7:15,  based on the advise I got I took them in about 150m and 200m.  I was able to fish just to the right of the blocks in the water.  There was not a lot of usable space as the rain last week created a swamp, and deep mud at the fishing side of MeefHof.

I started to build the camp site, when the first rod took off like a rocket,  mmm it was the rid with Garden Snails on,  rod was deep and was using 5.5Kg line so took it slow,  was a barber 6kg side.

I took off the snails and hooked up a pop up boilie rig 14mm side and took that out 200 between the blocks. 

At about 9 the my second rid run and it was a nice fish, pop up bolies were working this took about 15 min to bring this fish in,  6Kg carp

I ended the day with 7 Carp of 6-9Kg. 

My father in law and brother in lay arravied at 7pm Friday night and started fishing, Chris my brother in law did well Friday night 14 Carp.

I did see that fishing at  night was better than in the day, the people next to me asked me to help them with one big Carp of 14.75Kg that came just after 11pm

Saturday was quight, may be the storm and change in weather,  again I had 3 Carp and one barber.  Saturday Night from 8pm was busy again.  Chris and my father in law enjoyed the fishing and the camp fire.

We ended Sunday with about 45 Fish, 

I will be going back there again this Winter with some different baits, snails work well, pop up boilies work well, but there are better or more effective baits for that location.

Will post pics on site tonight.
 

dvollet

New member
Jip,

All fishing released.

It was grate fun,  I think in the summer times we can expect more carp coming in at better sizes,  most of the fish were in the 1Kg side, I was lucky to get some big ones 6-9Kg side. 

I would love to get some BIG Barbel next time.
 

HennieB

Sealiner
You'll actually catch the bigger ones during winter, and during the summer you'll catch a lot of smaller ones. I'm thinking of going to Meerhof on Sunday.
 

dvollet

New member
enjoy, the Mud is bad, they had to get the Trackter out to pull a few people out the mud on the right hand side.

I am planning to go back in July again, and see how this gos again.

Let us know how do you on Sunday
 

mangoboi

New member
hey all

We keen to Hit meerhof for a session this weeken, sat till sun.

Just had a question, i read on some of these posts the best place to fish is next to the jetty or 50m to left of one of those dead trees.

Which one of the trees if anyone knows, last time we were to the right of the second tree from the entrance. Close to that point were the water starts moving back into the property.

any help would be appreciated.



Gonna try floaties with a dough/bread backing and see how it goes. We do have a canoe so will drop them nice and deep.
 

dvollet

New member
Well enjoy, let us know how it went really interested.

I was sitting more or less in the middle, We all did ok there, but u need to drop deep 200m plus in.
 

mangoboi

New member
ok cool thanks..............

still scoring brownie points with the Missus ................ been painting for 2 nights straight, nearly done. Hopefully a Spa voucher will set me free..


Lol, will let you guys know, mate has a canoe so will be dropping nice and deep.
 

mangoboi

New member
We are def going to Meerhof tomorrow.

If anyone is keen, let me know. Mates are going to camp the night but think i am going to hit aday session. Arrive about 6am.

Weather looks ok and barometric pressure seems just over optimum for fishing

Saturday 08:00
02d.png
0 mm 9° Light air
vindpil.0025.195.png
1 m/s 1029 hPa Saturday 11:00
03d.png
0 mm 17° Light air
vindpil.0025.290.png
1 m/s 1029 hPa Saturday 14:00
03d.png
0 mm 19° Light breeze
vindpil.0025.305.png
2 m/s 1026 hPa Saturday 17:00
01d.png
0 mm 17° Light breeze
vindpil.0025.325.png
2 m/s 1025 hPa Saturday 20:00
03n.22.png
0 mm 10° Gentle breeze
vindpil.0025.275.png
4 m/s 1027 hPa Saturday 23:00
03n.22.png
0 mm 9° Light breeze
vindpil.0025.210.png
2 m/s 1027 hPa

GOOI LYNE. GOOI BRANDEWYN...... lol    :fishn
 

mangoboi

New member
Meerhof was lekker even though i blanked.........

Mate caught 2 healthy looking carp estimated about 1-2kg's.......... lol

The bastard didn't even know he was on, just rebaiting and realed him in.
Had a few bites but nothing serious.

Guys from the PTA fishing club were there and they caught an 11kg boyjie from only 40m out.

all in all was just lekker to get out and the weather wasnt bad, place was packed though.

here is a pic of how packed it was, okes were chock a block till the second tree

IMG00016-20100703-1210.jpg


any one going soon please let me know.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00016-20100703-1210.jpg
    IMG00016-20100703-1210.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 139
Top