Magma Bait Boards

Craig.fish

Anyone out there know if there is a South African agent or reseller of Magma Bait / Cutting boards? Or perhaps the details of someone who makes decent boat bait cutting boards?

Thanks, Craig

Craig.fish wrote:
Anyone out there know if there is a South African agent or reseller of Magma Bait / Cutting boards? Or perhaps the details of someone who makes decent boat bait cutting boards?

Thanks, Craig

Craig, look up a company called NCC in Pinetown. They will CNC router anything you want from plastic. I had mine machined with a gutter along the edge and a drain hole for blood to run overboard. I can't find a pic right now but here is what the machined for my trolling boards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 442

Craig.fish

Thanks Benny but looks like ill be importing. With thousands of boats in this country, you would think someone would have the right product available. Guess not!

Psy

Sealiner
Craig.fish wrote:
Thanks Benny but looks like ill be importing. With thousands of boats in this country, you would think someone would have the right product available. Guess not!

Craig fish....whats the right product? (apart from the Brand name)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-molecular-weight_polyethylene

There's plastic outfits here in CAW who cut/shape/router/drill/edge teflon board...as you require.

vvbafvvvvbafvv

That's what my boards are made of. Cost me about R400 for the pair. Has the gutter and knife slot cut into it. Fits in a rod holder so no extra brackets.

Craig.fish

Bennie, what did you do for the pipe to the rod holder? PVC or SS? And did they do it for you, or just the board itself.

Another good option is the below bait board from Magma. Actually makes more sense that a rod holder mounted unit for a number of reasons.

Craig

Attachments

• Magma bait board.jpg
    Magma bait board.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 382
Craig.fish wrote:
Bennie, what did you do for the pipe to the rod holder? PVC or SS? And did they do it for you, or just the board itself.

Another good option is the below bait board from Magma. Actually makes more sense that a rod holder mounted unit for a number of reasons.

Craig
38mm ST.ST. We use it at work so plenty offcuts if you needed a pole. Fits snug into Std. 42mm vertical rod holder.

No pin sticking out the side to jab your leg on a rocking boat.

Psy wrote:
yeah, that pin looks nasty...so are those square edges...

No Like

:doh
These are the mounts I used, one on each side. Either use as an extra rod holder or for my braai or my down rigger or bait board. I use the 38mm tube for everything.

Attachments

• gunnel mnt and bucket stand.jpg
    gunnel mnt and bucket stand.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 356
My old boat. These ones are green. my new ones are white. You can have just about any colour used...

Attachments

• boards.jpg
    boards.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 359

Drifter_fisher

Raising the dead maybe but...

Commercial Marine has them...

https://www.commercialmarine.co.za/index.php?id_category=332&controller=category