Lure Fishing

smokingvdb

New member
Hi guys, I'm going to the South Coast in a couple of days. I want to use try out lures this time. I want to catch eatable fish like "leervis" shad and so on from the rock's and surf.
What lures would you guys say is good?
 

smokingvdb

New member
Sorry Guys, did some searching on the forum, found out more than enough info. Should have known "first read then ask"
 

Blommie

New member
The latest craze is to use a 7' or 8' spinning setup with braid and throw a Rapala Xrap XR10 lure for shad. Man this is fun. You walk in amongst the bait anglers who might have been standing for a number of minutes without a bait and first cast BAM!!! On Dad!
 

SuperFly

New member
What colour would that XR10 be?

 

I ask because every time I walk into a shop there only seems to be bizzar colours left on the shelf - don't want to waste money

 

thanks
 

AD97

Senior Member
Blommie is bang on the money. I bought an XR-10 "Glass Ghost"- its white with a slight bit of red in the front, from The Tackle Box in Shelly Beach. Caught 2 shad on the first outing in June at St Michaels. One came out on bait, and I got my 2 on the Glass Ghost. Didnt catch anymore after that. Fished about twice after that. I heard that a guy got 40 shad on spoon at Shad Bay near by. So if the glass ghost was there it would have accounted for a couple more I am sure!
 
Top