LoomisF2626-55E Rod

Jacquesdw

Senior Member
Hi, I saw a really cool rod, a Loomis Perfexion F2626-55E, in a shop today am think it would be a good for light saltwater soft plastic spinning. Unfortunately there is no information on the rod itself and I could find nothing on the web about it. Before I take the plunge and buy it, can anyone tell me what its specs are, eg line strenght and casting weight? And if someone has used it, was it any good?

Going to the Breede mouth this weekend to get some more grunter so would really like to try it out then.

Thanks, Jacques
 

Shimaiwa

New member
I couldn't find any code matching your rod but have a look here http://www.akals.net/product.asp?M=108&ID=239

You could also try emailing akals as the are the distributers, I think.
 

khan

Senior Member
jacques

 

the rod in question is a drop shot series loomis, made out of IM8 graphite.

 

specs: lenght - 2.10m, 7'0",  2 pcs,   medium action, line weight - 2.0 to 5.4kg,  has 6+tip guides.

 

hope this helps
 

Jacquesdw

Senior Member
Thank you for the replies and thanks to Sealine.:SSS It loooks like I will buy it and set it up with a Shimano Slade 2500 which I allready have and later upgrade to an Okuma reel, probably a 2000 size.
 

Jacquesdw

Senior Member
Upgrade from Shimano Slade to top- end Okuma is good I think. I also have a Diawa Excellor which I think is over-rated. For that money I can get an top-of-the-range Okuma. Maybe I should look at the Shimmie Sedona.
 

neilg

Sealiner
Very good rods indeeds, they give you a nice clean break between 2nd and 3rd guide (closest to tip) when U cast.

I have broken 2 of them, first one I thought it was me and left it at that, but when I bought another one, and it broke at the first outing in EXACTLY the same place I knew it wasn't me. I took it back, argued with the dealer (not one of the better known ones in PE) and eventually got my money back.

Dealer tried to convince me that I did something wrong, and that maybe the rod wasn't made to cast with fireline and 28gram spoons. Once I pointed out the eyes that are designed for braid and again pointed out the weight of the spoon he had no choice but to accept it.

Loomis ... for me ... never again ... thank you

Both my dropshot rods are now elbe (looks alot like loomis), much cheaper, same eyes, and have cast 1000s of times without any breaks !
 

Shimaiwa

New member
That Okuma Salina looks like a lovely piece of engineering I reckon I would replace my exceler with one.
 

khan

Senior Member
japie

 

Shimano to okuma down grade!!!!

 

are you talking from experience, cause if you havent tried the new okuma reels then you should even start talking!!!!

 

Salina, epixor, ignite, magnetix

 

great value for money, strong, can be upgraded as well.

 

the problem with SA fishing is we only trust Shimano or Daiwa.

 

 

I should know i sell them, guy walks into the shop - wants either shimano or daiwa, why ????

 

because someone told him its the best.

 

Japie
 

HEIHACHI

Sealiner
hi jacques!
i have the perfection there is a pic under the drop shot section somewhere. if you keep your jig head under 1 ounce its a fantastic rod i havent landed anything huge on it as yet but enjoy it very much. probably the best advice you could get is make frendz with someone that has one and ask them to let you have a feel so you can judge for yourself first!
cheers
 

Japie

New member
Khan

 

Must admit I have tried the latest Okuma's.  I lost my confidence in Okuma a few years back as I bought several reels and non of them are still in working condition.  I take great care of my tackle as I believe that if you take care of your tackle it will take care of you.

 

Will take a look at the latest reels  the next time I visit a tackle shop.
 

Jacquesdw

Senior Member
I also emailed David at Midas for some info on the Loomis rod. Amazingly he phoned back pretty fast top give the info required. It is a real pleasure to get such good service. Lots of karma to him:wfish
 

khan

Senior Member
japie, i am currently using the magnetix cs30. will post a pic soon.

I have thrown with all reels available and this reel keeps up with the best.

The magnetic brakes works like a charm especially when spooning!
 

Dingleberry

Senior Member
Once bitten twice shy! After having been told by a saleman that Shimanos are actually built in the Okuma factory blah, blah, I bought a halogen. It just less than half the price of the Shimano and looked well made. However, on the first outing it became apparent that the infinite anti-reverse was not infinite - it kakked! Just because a reel looks sturdy and well built, doesn't make it fact. Look at a Daiwa, the affordable models look cheap, but the reels peform.
 

neilg

Sealiner
Dingleberry,
I agree with you 100%.
Just didn't want to get involved in this.

By building quality products that people can depend on a company builds up a reputation, in the case of Daiwa and Shimano, they have built up a good name in SA, and that's why everybody recommends them.
 

bassman

New member
also had a Loomis perfexion that I was using for light saltwater baits in the wash...It was the 8 foot version with a long cork handle. I really enjoyed it until it broke at the join in Cape Aghulas...needless to say I was not thrilled considering I look after my equipment pretty well. Now I've fallen in love with my new Berkley Air Extra Heavy. OMG what a rod for light saltwater bait/spinning. So far so good, caught 4 size galjoen on it and boy is it responsive! you can feel every bump and tap- AND i use 8kg mono!
 

ignoblis

Senior Member
Check out the Black Fin Dropshot DVD - Wesley Rapson lands himself a 30 Kg Ignoblis Kingie with his Berkley Air Extra Heavy.
 

dugongboy

Sealiner
[color="#006600"]Jacquesdw[/color] wrote:
Upgrade from Shimano Slade to top- end Okuma is good I think. I also have a Diawa Excellor which I think is over-rated. For that money I can get an top-of-the-range Okuma. Maybe I should look at the Shimmie Sedona.
I have to agree with you about the Excellor being overated (very good marketing on ESA though !) I have used the Sedona a few times and I own a Salina - both  very nice reels - I have caught a few decent fish on my Salina, so it has been tested, not like so many guys who rate (overate) reels after landing 8 blacktail and a couple of shad.
 
Top