Long cast !

Hassan974

New member
Hello!
I wish I had some advice!
I Pendulum fishing for a few weeks!
I use Compressor CENTURY SS
SHIMANO TRINIDAD 20 (Gold);
Lead: 125, 150 and 200 G!
Braid line "50lb PowerPro
It is impossible to exceed 150m! this is my best performance with 150!
Can you tell me how to run further to reach 200m
Maybe I do not have the correct reel!

I eagerly await your response,
thank you,
Hassan
 

Enigma

Moderator
Yes the rod and the reel can do 200m+ IF it has a high reel seat you may struggle to get 200m but low reel seat will get 200m.

I believe Monofilament will get better distance, braid at that length is heavy and not smooth in the air.

If you still cannot reach 200m then I would recommend going to the gym so you can cast harder to get the lead further.

This is how hard you want to cast to go over 200m

[flash=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/SujmjbD7Ul8[/flash]

[flash=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/nlymQyP8OQA[/flash]
 

Hassan974

New member
Hello!
Sorry for the language. I use google translator!

Here,at LA REUNION Island, big fish are very far.
Difficult to take some interresting thing is less than 200m.
For the moment I'm learning to run!
I am looking for a very good reel!
Fish are for later!
Do you think PENN FATHOM is better?

Hassan
 

Enigma

Moderator
Aquacat for bait delivery over long range then you can fish any rod or reel.

http://www.aquacat.co.za/

The english word is "Cast" not Run.
 

Enigma

Moderator
For extreme range casting then Abu Garcia or Daiwa 7HT mag controlled spools with low diameter line but then you are very limited in length of line

[flash=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/7cr4DSE55Uc[/flash]
 

Hassan974

New member
Hello,

I use 50lb POWERPRO.
This is a very fine braid.
I think the problem is the reel. Set wrong!
ABU GARCIA 65OOi with no problem 207m.
But it is too small a reel for fishing.

Hassan
 

Nemesis

Sealiner
Maybe change you're braid to a thinner braid, Power Pro is known to be one of the thicker braids. how many ounce sinker are you using? Do you have any modifications to your reel?
 

Enigma

Moderator
Go to the gym and cast harder.

Asked around a bit and consensus is that fishing ie with small baits on your setup you won't get over 180m if with the Abu you only get 207. With the Abu and your setup you should train to get 250m then with Trinidad DC you can aim at 200m

Those casts shown by Danny and of his reel in action are all over 250m

The only setup for fishing I have seen an angler consistantly cast a small bait over 190m with some over 200m is a blue marlin superslim 430-100-80 with a Saltiga 30 (not the H but the low wide) and with 0.35 monofilament

Using braid at those speeds is a prvlem as the reel needs to be slowed down or the flairing braid will get burnt as braid has a low melting point.

Good Luck
 

flippy

Sealiner
maybe those reels were not designed to cast 200+metres.. like enigma says go with reels designed to cast those distances and also newer super tuned daiwa millionaire with low dia. line. a pic..good luq
 

Attachments

  • images-5.jpeg
    images-5.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 340

Mouldz

Sealiner
Are 200m casts realistic in coastal conditions with bait and a breeze in your face,I always see these vids of casting on fields with just a sinker ,but that is far different to actual conditions at the seaside.
I just cant see a 200m cast in reality ,bliksem thats 2x rugby fields,maybe its just me being sceptical
 

Mike Smith

Sealiner
Mouldz wrote:
Are 200m casts realistic in coastal conditions with bait and a breeze in your face,I always see these vids of casting on fields with just a sinker ,but that is far different to actual conditions at the seaside.
I just cant see a 200m cast in reality ,bliksem thats 2x rugby fields,maybe its just me being sceptical

Well Moulds if Bergievisserman can do it with a balanced rod then so can we!:::S
 

Kenty

Sealiner
:::S..Jisllaik!!!...I was gonna jump in and say leerieman...BUT...what the hell!!!...leerieman GO BOY!!!!!...This ou needs you!!!!!
 
Top