donkey

Would love to know some good locations for river or dam fishing within 1-1,5 hours drive from jhb.Normal bottom bait fishing.

Cyberwulf

Hi there

You can go out to Harties, Germiston Lake, Roodeplaat, loskop, vaal dam and river. Are you after carp, catsfish, yellows. I am familiar with all these dams but remember that Roodeplaat is having a prob with water hyacnth at the moment so best not go there.

Cyberwulf

Never had the oppertunity to fish some of those.... hmm must give it a go mid year winter.

Although im supposed to go out to Tzaneen Dam again this year as we have friends on a farm out in limpopo who stay in Tzaneen.

Land Locked. What sort of flavours are favoured at at those dams for Carping.

Rgds

Cyberwulf

Ok Not a prob. I am formost a bass fisherman but in the late hours of the evening i start carp fishing to keep me busy. Thats once the guys chase me off the dam...lol

Reminds me the Inanda Bass classic is only week and a half away and i have not prefished the dam yet....

cheers

Guys

I've posted a post somewhere in the Freshwater section, I think it's in the Carp section, where I gave some-one the recipe for a Caramel dip we used (my one friend still does) and he still lives by that, it always works wonders.

I'm a converted bassaholic (thank you very much, and I don't need help) but I still have some Carp nowhow.

Roodeplaats' water level is extremely low, the lowest I've seen it in the 16 odd years that I've fished that dam for Carp, might not be a good thing ito water quality and fish activity.

There's also old "Drol-drif" Bon Accord, carp fishing has always, and I mean always been very good there, never really blanked there.  Roodeplaat, well, now, it's the dam where I blanked the most but it's also the dam that I caught the most in an hour and got my PB carp there, 6,8kgs.

Let me know if you's need specifics on some of the waters, for carp, then I'll post it here.

Happy Hunting those LGF's

LGF