Loading & Offloading

Marcello

New member
Hi Guys.

I've just bought a Macski kingfisher very happy with the ski, the only problem is loading and offloading the ski from my VW Transporter with racks it's over 2.2m high!!

I fish quite a bit on my own and in places without car guards to help, apart from that my wife k*ked bricks trying to help load the ski at home. Not a happy camper and was terrified to drop it.

Any suggestions??
 

theoldgoat

New member
Hi Marcello,

Same bricks, different wife! I was in the same situation & chose to go get a holdfast "T Bar" which attaches to the tow bar. It is a lot easier to place your kayak onto the car by yourself. I simple just raise the nose onto the T-Bar and then slide it onto the front roof rack. I am also very cautious not to scratch, drop or dent my ski!:kaykak
 

drkobus

Senior Member
http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=43783&forum_id=26&highlight=Laai+hobie

Kyk na wat ek gemaak het. Dit werk soos Å„ bom. Baie maklik en jy kan dit alleen doen. Ek hanteer my baie swaar pro angler met gemak. Å„ Stel dolly wiele en jy kan enige plek stilhou en die kayak sleep tot waar jy by die water is.
 

Marcello

New member
Thanks for the link, I've seen that before but how would I attach the bar to my racks? I have the new thin aero Thule's, any suggestions?
 

theoldgoat

New member
Hi All, I cant put pictures up till I collect my kayak. My T-Bar is on the tow bar
& then the front rack is in its usual place. Very simple set up, simply lift kayak front onto T- Bar and slide.

Hope this helps the understanding of my set up?
 

drkobus

Senior Member
http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=43783&forum_id=26&highlight=Laai+hobie

Kyk na die metode om op en af te laai.
 

DeonF

Member
The guys in the usa ,use those suckers that you install windscreens with . They suck it on to their bonnet and windscreen and have rollers on and slide the ski from the bonnet onto the roof racks
 

Bosbok

Member
Hi Guys

Have a look at the Thule Hullavator Pro 898. Check it out on Youtube.

Got one from the states, never looked back.
 
Top