Lipless Crankbaits for KABELJOU?

SuperFly

New member
I have been looking at some of the bass lures and a lipless crankbait looks like it could be just the thing for Kabeljou in a lagoon.

You can fish it right along the bottom at a nice slow speed - It has rattles in it for the vibration

What more could you want?
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
a Friend of mine gave me some mags form Australia , they use them for Cobs , or what they call Mulloway .
 

neilg

Sealiner
I had 2, lost both of them (first time I used them) because of old line in the water, they are great ...

must get some more of them
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
Hey Niel , the article in that AUS mag was of an old PE resident now , stayin in AUS i think his name ....Rory i know he use to fish For Squid in PE .... 

 

i know he Skipped Braveheart , quit a time ago ...
 

Jacquesdw

Senior Member
I caught 2 cob last summer on a strike pro lipless- I think it was for freshwater use. I dig them cause you can sink it down to the bottom and then hit evey rock on the retrieve and hardly ever get hooked up cause of the angle they swim at. I did lose my Spro Arku Shad a couple of weeks ago. But then all  my lipless cranks are down to bare plastic on the nose from bumping rocks. I have also tried the pure metal ones but they need a faster retieve to get the right action.

While saying all this I prefer fishing with jigs/soft plastics cause it is more about what you as angler do and not just the lure doing the action. But I always pack some in cause it feels good to bump the bottom so hard LOL
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
Hell in AUS they use like 15 inch soft plastics , somewhat similar to our shasy shads , and get Kobs on them .
 

SuperFly

New member
Picture attached of the Rattlin Rapala - but really any one should work right?
 

Attachments

  • 91921bone.jpg
    91921bone.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 175
Top