Leisure Bay

ziggy

Member
anyone done any dropshotting at Leisure Bay and vicinity?

Any ideas? Google Earth shows some good rocky places
 

Weedeater

Sealiner
Hi Ziggy,

I have fished rock 'n surf there, although I have never caught anything. I fished Peter Pan bay (far right of the main beach) last December to no avail, alhtough I did see a small rockcod or two come out next to me on sardine.
So maybe try a 4/5" shad for those, otherwise I have heard of Bronze Bream comming out there as well, I would imagine the cammo worm would work well for them.

Hope that helps!
 

ziggy

Member
Hi weedeater - thanks for the info - I have fished there once over easter a few years ago and pulled some smallish shad on spoon - but noting much. It looks good though!
 

Weedeater

Sealiner
[color="#006600"]ziggy[/color] wrote:
Hi weedeater - thanks for the info - I have fished there once over easter a few years ago and pulled some smallish shad on spoon - but noting much. It looks good though!
Pleasure Ziggy. I have caught shad close to Leisure bay, on the Munster side and a decent bream as well off the rocks near Leisure Bay, but nothing in the Bay itself.
 
Top