LANGEBAAN

Daisy

Sealiner
Oh what a year...been so busy, not complaining, but neglecting my friends horribly.
The water is freezing cold and the fish will not feed every day. There were some catches close to the Dam, but down in the lagoon it is quiet.
We expect the big Stumps to start getting active at the end of September. Elf will bite, like always mid October, but the season only opens 1 November.
May I advise that you once again read the "Fishing the Daisy Way" and other articles that I wrote as I have noticed many still ask the same questions.
Soon we will be updating and enjoy the magic of the Baan.
Go blessed!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG00202-20101212-1339 - Copy.jpg
    IMG00202-20101212-1339 - Copy.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 562

Steenbras23

New member
Hi oom it is nice to see you back on sealine Welcome Back! Hope to see many more of your online posts :) stay blessed as always. Tight Lines
 

Alex007

Member
Thanks Daisy.

I am planning to go up on Saturday. Mainly to give my boat a run after the winter and will try for some elf up at the line. I caught some nice elf last year in mid September.
 

Chris Weskus

New member
We where at the baan yesterday launched at Mykonos went to Spreeuwalle first DEAD,then went and got some prawns and blood worm and hit the elf line DEAD,moved to the back of the island and managed a couple of small stumps,steentjies and shy sharks,plenty small fish around went from a 2/0 to a no 1 and the strike rate was a lot higher at least I got some nice blood worm to take up to DIE DAM at the end of the month,water was 13.5C
 

hjfr

Senior Member
good to have you back,Oom.Coming down this weekend will try Saldanha.Water deeper so I think cold won't have such a huge impact temperature.Can't wait for a tasty stump.Keep well.
 

Alex007

Member
Chris Weskus wrote:
We where at the baan yesterday launched at Mykonos went to Spreeuwalle first DEAD,then went and got some prawns and blood worm and hit the elf line DEAD,moved to the back of the island and managed a couple of small stumps,steentjies and shy sharks,plenty small fish around went from a 2/0 to a no 1 and the strike rate was a lot higher at least I got some nice blood worm to take up to DIE DAM at the end of the month,water was 13.5C
Hmmm.. Thanks Chris. This is making me think twice about rushing up there tomorrow. Maybe I will wait another week or two.
 
Top