Hi guys.
New to this forum. I need the bait/species fisherman's advice here, as I know when it comes to dam fishing you guys know the spots.
I do flyfishing in the Vaal, but have long searched for a new venue should the Vaal become discoloured and also have a rise in flow levels(as is the case now). My backup was always the Vals near Bothaville, but due to pollution from Kroonstad informal settlements I have yet to go there after 4years and might just lose it if I see that beautiful piece of water being destroyed any further.
As I have picked up Koppies dam has a lot of yellowfish, both species it seems.
Now just a few questions.
Can one walk into the dam a fair distance and fish?
How is the visibility of the water now?
Mag mens met klein "rubberduck" met 30 pond "thrust" minn kota "trolling" motor ingaan?
Ek wil ook graag weet of mens met boot na die inloop sal kan ry, want logies is dit gewoonlik beste plek om geles te vang, by inloop of uitloop.
Ek het ook opgetel dat julle manne soms geles sien wat as skool rondbeweeg?
Waar is die naaste en mees bekostigbare akkomodasie, en sou ek kamp is dit veilig? Neem aan mens moet alles maar sluit as jy op boot klim.
Dankie vir julle tyd.
Groete/Regards
Dirk
New to this forum. I need the bait/species fisherman's advice here, as I know when it comes to dam fishing you guys know the spots.
I do flyfishing in the Vaal, but have long searched for a new venue should the Vaal become discoloured and also have a rise in flow levels(as is the case now). My backup was always the Vals near Bothaville, but due to pollution from Kroonstad informal settlements I have yet to go there after 4years and might just lose it if I see that beautiful piece of water being destroyed any further.
As I have picked up Koppies dam has a lot of yellowfish, both species it seems.
Now just a few questions.
Can one walk into the dam a fair distance and fish?
How is the visibility of the water now?
Mag mens met klein "rubberduck" met 30 pond "thrust" minn kota "trolling" motor ingaan?
Ek wil ook graag weet of mens met boot na die inloop sal kan ry, want logies is dit gewoonlik beste plek om geles te vang, by inloop of uitloop.
Ek het ook opgetel dat julle manne soms geles sien wat as skool rondbeweeg?
Waar is die naaste en mees bekostigbare akkomodasie, en sou ek kamp is dit veilig? Neem aan mens moet alles maar sluit as jy op boot klim.
Dankie vir julle tyd.
Groete/Regards
Dirk