Kleinbrak Area

Riaan_The_Legend

Senior Member
Hey Guys.

I am off to Kleinbrak for a couple of days tomorrow. I am taking some Dropshot gear and some heavier Spinning stuff. Could anyone give me some info on spots in the river for the small leeries etc and some surf spots suitable for my purposes.

Thanks a lot,
Riaan
 

ghost

Senior Member
Kleinbrak mouth. Walk east along the beach till you find the first rocks . Cast there for shad now. For cob and garricks you should work the west bank of the river north of the old road bridgeR102 up to where the river split
 

morne.smith

New member
Hi Ghost

I have a holiday home in Fraaiuitsig....which I visit as money permits....

Any other spots that are good for fishing in that area? Klein Brak, Groot Brak and Gouritz?

Maybe we should hook-up one day....when I am down there...so I can learn from a Master? Hope I am not too forward?

Good luck with all the fishing....

Morne (very envious)
 

Marthin

Sealiner
Hi,

Search the forum. I did a list of the better spots for fishing in the kleinbrak area.

Basically the rocks on the eastern side. As you come down to the beach area, drive east on the road closest to the sea. There is a parking area on the eastern side. That spot is cooking for shad and some kob at times.

At the Rheebok tidal pool, there is a nice gulley to the right. Big blacktail and if ur lucky a fat Wildeperd.

The river is washed open completely. Berkley sandworm did the trick for my uncle. There are a lot of small grunter and steenbras in the river, got his best takes just as the sun was setting behind the mountain on the prawn flats on dropshot.

At the holiday resort called "die bakke", in front of chalet number 11 is a big gulley. You might have to stop at the beach and walk all the way around. I have seen very big blacktail and wildeperd caught here, and also speared red roman there. To the right of that gulley is a small beach, nice kob and elf, and even grunter, but there are rocks here and there so be careful of losing a fish. Also saw something nailing baitfish there right at the side.

But if you are going to cast bigger rods kleinbrak right at the rocks on the eastern side would be my 1st bet.

Dropshot the Reebok tidal pool, kleinbrak river, and then a nice walk if u want is to get onto the rocks on the eastern side and just walk with ur dropshot kit and cast where u see a nice gulley. There is no spots around Cape Town that comes close.
 

Marthin

Sealiner
The big tidal pool i'm talking about is not the 1st one as you come down the hill at Rheebok. It's right on the border of Rheebok and Tergniet, and is a bit bigger than the 1st one.
 
Top