Kayak Transportation Solutions

Predator_828

New member
Hi Guys,

I have always used board protectors on my roofracks with cam straps to transport my kayak. I am thinking of getting a set of the holdfast kayak holders.

Are the kayak holders worth getting, is there a better solution out there?
 

Psy

Sealiner
I used a set of Holdfast racks for my stealth boats, I still use them with rod clamps fitted ontop of the bars, for my rods of course and the transport of the indian canoe. Tied with ratchet straps it works for me.
I believe they are most suitable.
I don't think you will find a 'shaped; frame for a stealth boat anyway's. if you do it will cost a pretty penny!
 

Malgas

Senior Member
The Holdfast carriers have a slide in kayak holders, that don't cost too much extra. In my experience, although I have these, I have not used them as they add to the hassle of getting the kayak on and off. Normal tie downs secure the kayak adequately- tightened then knotted to stop them slipping.

I suppose if I was going on a long trip I might put the holders in -for peace of mind? The slimmer fishing skis are streamlined and even in our strong winds here in PE cross winds have a minimal effect.
 
Top