Just bought new tackle???

I&J

New member
Took my Wifie and daughter to MELTS today so I went next door to Fred Tuckers to browse.
Needless to say, I came out with new tackle.
A Sensation Passion stick XHFS 9.0 at R730.00
Shimano Slade 4000 FB at R285.00. (R395.00 elsewhere)
Mustad Ultra Braid 0,25mm, 270m, 38lbs/17kg at R403.00.

Was I ripped off with the braid? I don't know the prices of Mustad.
The Exellar rods 9.0' felt great but the eyes were too small. R860.00.
 

DJP

Sealiner
I got the exact same setup 2day bought it second hand but it is still brand new, I've actually caught fish on it before i bought it and you will not be disapointed with the setup! The only difference is that I've got 10lb braid on. What are you planning to target with it?
 

DJP

Sealiner
Braid is pretty expensive so depending on what you are going to fish for you can either spool everything and swop it around in a year or two (depending on how much you fish) or you can put 135m on over some regular mono backing.
 

I&J

New member
I live just above the spot before Simon's Town station where the guys spin for yellow tail so I want to try there, hence my 17kg braid.
 

I&J

New member
aquadementia wrote:
Good setup, Mustad ultra braid is quite dear..

38lbs perhaps a bit heavy for that rig
270m at R406.00

My reason for the 17kg line is that I don't want to loose it when snagged. Would rather loose the leader.
Also I only have one rig (recession prevents more) so I need an all rounder. The 0.25mm braid is as thin as cotton. Good for the strong fighters such as Yellows and timid Shad.
 

I&J

New member
Was pleasantly surprised today. Went to the beach today to test my rig on different weights. Passion Stick 9" 0.5 oz to 2.5oz
Chucked 2oz to 82m and 0.5 to 55m. Very different to my old rig. Daiwa 7" 0,25 to 1oz.
Chucked 1 oz to 40m and 0,5 to 20m.

This rod is the most versatile rod I have at the moment. Dropshot and spinning with the same rod. And I can buy different tips for it.


 
 
Top