I've only recently started exploring angling with

Sonofafish

New member
I've only recently started exploring angling with artificials and as such I don't have a good variety of lures, so decided to try and buy some online. I came accross the following Spro bucktail jig. :rastaAre these guys crazy or am I just not up to speed on the latest prices?

R 524.00
 
attachment.php


 
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Sonofafish wrote:
I've only recently started exploring angling with artificials and as such I don't have a good variety of lures, so decided to try and buy some online. I came accross the following Spro bucktail jig. :rastaAre these guys crazy or am I just not up to speed on the latest prices?

R 524.00
 
attachment.php


 
Pics not showing!
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
to answer your question THESE OHS ARE HEEL BOSSIES !!!!

i have acouple of bucktails , I got them in PE ,Uncle Doug Swannel makes them , the same person that makes Predator plugs .

The weights i have is ranging from 1oz to 3oz , the one oz i paid for R22.oo , and the bigger i can recall the price , but it was notting like R500 bucks .
 

tackle whore

Senior Member
spro are a great company exellant products but totally overpriced even in the UK, USA .they make great jigheads pity all are mild steel hooks so rust and stuff up the pretty bucktail . if you like lead heads will send you a few
 

Sonofafish

New member
Total madness, as I thought! One can almost buy a reel for that price!

Tacklewhore, if that offer was made for me, I will gladly accept!  Just give me a shout with the damage due! :thankie
 

tauruck

Sealiner
The aluminium mold for that jig head (5 cavity)sells for less than that.

 I think you were going to get Klapped by "middleman syndrome" if you bought that bucktail.

Okes have no skaam and don't let people start up with the overheads story again.

This is overkill.

Just checked online and a mail order Tackle shop is selling that bait for $3.20.

I've got a similar one here and I paid R39 for it.
 

Sonofafish

New member
Overkill is to put it mildly! To make it even more shameful, the guys selling these lures, and there is a large variety in that priceclass, are one of the largest and "reputable" internet retailers! They don't even have the overheads of a physical store. So they have no excuse.

I struggle to pay more than R100 for any lure, not to mention 5 times that for a tiny little jighead. One can actually only laugh at them, I'm sure no one actually buys them. Just brightens up their site with some pretty pictures!
 

camstaude

Senior Member
I don't have all the info but i can only assume that the price online was a mistake. I suggest you phone the site you visited and ask them.

i have bought the same spro bucktails and they cost bewteen R20 to R50 from Solly's and MIAS depending on the size.

I can only imagine that the price should have read R52 or R54.

So i suggest Sonofafish, before going on a rage about the price of a jig head, just give them a call to clarify the facts.

I will bet you 3 bucktails that it was a genuine mistake.
 

Drexciya

New member
camstaude wrote:
I don't have all the info but i can only assume that the price online was a mistake. I suggest you phone the site you visited and ask them.

i have bought the same spro bucktails and they cost bewteen R20 to R50 from Solly's and MIAS depending on the size.

I can only imagine that the price should have read R52 or R54.

So i suggest Sonofafish, before going on a rage about the price of a jig head, just give them a call to clarify the facts.

I will bet you 3 bucktails that it was a genuine mistake.
I agree with Camstaude. I have SPRO bucktails & the most I paid was R86 for a 5OZ. Why would ESA do an article on these bucktails (cannot remember which month's edition) if they cost 100's of rands?
 

Sonofafish

New member
Sure have a lot of typos for such a well established site.

Here's another one at R584.00, a little bass lure

 
 

Attachments

  • hahaha.jpg
    hahaha.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 279

Sonofafish

New member
They have a whole bunch of spro bucktails, all at different prices over R400, so it cannot be a typo. Most of their other lures are overpriced as well. Wantitall, search for lure. bucktail ets and see for yourself.

Please note I am not going on a rage over the price of a jig. And why would I waste the money to phone them? Even if it is a mistake, which it is not, I'll certainly not buy from them!

And I know they do not actually cost this much, hence the reason for this post to start with.
 

camstaude

Senior Member
The point of my post was to inform you that Spro jigs do not cost an exorbitant amount of money and hence i was replying to your post asking whether these were the new cost of jigs.

simply don't buy from that site as there are plenty of retailers who stock this product. clearly this online shop is not worth the aggravation it is causing you.
 
Top