iron ore harbour

JIMMY1

New member
morning  sealine
 
how did things go for you at the comp on03/10/2009 ?mine  sucked .got there at bout 8h00 stayed ther till 12h00 left with nothing not even a bite whole morning ,went some other places in saldanah & blanked till about 17h00 got lekke pulls & managed to land 1 stump of 32cm at 19h00 , that it .what do you guys think was the factor that kept the fish off the bite ? was the water too cold ect?
 
lets hear what you caugth at the comp ?
 
tight lines maybe next time 
 

Packkies

New member
Myself and two other fishing buddies were turned away from the iron ore harbour comp because we applied too late so we decided to run the boat down to that area instead and man, was i glad we did because when we anchored all i saw was a whole lot of guys catching diddley squat from the harbour wall!!! Meanwhile, we bagged a Kob +- 12Kg, 2 Bloukoppe and a St Joseph just out of casting range from the wall, and all on prawn nogal round about 8.00am. All went quiet and we moved off to Spreeuwalle where the action started again at about 11.30am. Hooked about 15 stump and released all but six and a Dassie. When we returned to the wall we saw most guys had left and all was quiet in that area. We then headed off to the island where everything was also quiet due to the cold water, so we headed off to the deep channel just off prawn flats where the water was warmer and hooked another 10 stump most of which we released. Apart from the rumor of a 10kg Elf caught in the dam i doubt whether anything significant was caught at the comp??
 

JIMMY1

New member
HI  PACKKIES
 
GLAD YOU HAD A LEKKE DAY . THAT WAS THE TIME ALL THOSE BOATS CONGRIGATED AT SPREEUWALLES SIDE , I TOLD MY FATHER IN LAW THOSE PEOPLE IS MAKING A KILLING , WISH I HAD A BOAT, ANY ONE ELSE GOT SOME THING 
 

JIMMY1

New member
HI  PACKKIES
 
GLAD YOU HAD A LEKKE DAY . THAT WAS THE TIME ALL THOSE BOATS CONGRIGATED AT SPREEUWALLES SIDE , I TOLD MY FATHER IN LAW THOSE PEOPLE IS MAKING A KILLING , WISH I HAD A BOAT, ANY ONE ELSE GOT SOME THING 
 

sparticus

Senior Member
Sadly the guys caught very little fish down at the Ore, Luckly for me this was the one I had to miss. Fish came on the bite after 17H00 only and my buddy was thrown out almost fishing till dark !! LOL.

Packkies I have heard reports of a 6KG+ elf that was caught by the dam , the fish was NOT released even though its out of season but also not weighed in. Not sure why the fish was not released though. Like I've said I have heard about this and its not first hand info , I did hear it from more than one source though
 

Packkies

New member
Sparticus, i think the next comp in Nov is a better option as the water should be a little warmer and its also closer to neaps. I aim to be there again.
 

Wayne

Sealiner
Marina got a spottie/stumps/kolstert/kob..all the action was at the wall and dam area.. it did go quite at around 12h00 to 14h00..but then again..on dads were to be seen..so she enjoyed it,helped a guy get out a spottie of 1.6m ...when I got home she showed me the bruises..looked like she been in the war..LOL!! BUT thats Marinda for you.."THE SPOTTIE QUEEN"
 

hjfr

Senior Member
it was quiet, but we had some luck on the short waal as you enter the harbour, caught 8 stumps saw the 6kg shad at weigh in.a 3kg cob as well at weigh in herad that the 2kg stumps turned up after lines out- after 6pm
 
Top