I would like to hike a long way up the coast and o

tinusdejager

New member
Vasbyt Chris Vasbyt wrote:
I just joined this forum to get information and to share but I think this is not constructive. Maybe I should not use this site anymore.

Ps. I know it is nowhere near you guys but I got robbed early Saturday morning at Tugela river mouth. Not a cool feeling.  


 
One post you don't like and you decide to quit? Why don't you rather share your crayfish trap? There is a lot of great information on this site ... even in this post.
 

Marxx63

New member
I think the thread got a bit mixed up. Quite a while back I started this topic, asking about a small crayfish jig that I could use when hiking to catch one for the pot and cook there. I then received an answer on the dangers of hiking and was perhaps a bit stupidly pissed off as I have been hiking the Cape Coast for ages and the person telling me about the dangers was in Pretoria and had nothing to do with my question about the jig....which was the topic. Anyway I am sorry that this turned into a new topic with pissed off people.

That is best forgotten and not sure how it was revived, but perhaps a new thread could be started about dangers of hiking and fishing in SA and if anyone knows of a way to catch a cray without diving while hiking, then I would like to know. I know hiking can be dangerous.... still gonna do it so no new replies on that.
 
Hi All,

Hey these things happen. Glad they did not take my Poseidon's and Diawa reels. Maybe then I would feel different. Long story short. I stayed at the Tugela mouth resort and just fished in front of the resort on the beach. We were in a crowed and it got down to myself and my brother inlaw. I was also told it is very safe and about 20m from us a guy and his wife was still fishing. There was no confrontation Lucky. They stole the stuff from right behind us about 4m from where we were fishing. Could have happened at any time. Only saw the stuff is missing when I changed baits.

Having said this I will go back there. Have more light, keep in a crowd and only fish till about 10pm an start again 4am.
 
Top