I know this has been mentioned before, but the problem is so severe that it deserves a dedicated post.
Last Saturday morning a friend and I went for a paddle. We normally park and then launch just left from the municipal swimming pool, getting there at 05:00 I was again confronted with empty(glass I might ad) booze bottles lying next to the wall on the beach side, so many that I had to pick it up and throw away before I could safely carry my boat over the wall...damn it man,our kids play on these beaches, how much effort will it really be to either take your rubbish with you or just throw it away(bin was exactly 3 meters away and empty).Also if it was only empty beer and booze bottles lying there one could argue and say it is not fisherman, but unfortunately 9 out of 10 times there is empty pilchard boxes, pieces of fishing line and other fishing rubbish lying with the bottles and stuff.
We all ready have to suffer the pollution coming in with storm water and sewerage, that this is an unnecessary evil that can be prevented!
I might be preaching to the wrong audience, because I would like to believe that
rs are decent people with respect for nature, and my hat of to all the men and ladies that do go the extra mile to keep our beaches clean!
Now my challenge to all of us is this:
1:If you get to the beach and see stuff lying around,please be humble enough to pick up somebody else's rubbish.
2:If you see somebody leaving stuff, get one of your mates, walk over ,and klap him so hard that his ears will sing heavy metal tunes for a week......
Ps.I do want to compliment the Strand municipality because I see them on a very regular basis cleaning our beaches.-Thank you
And yes, before I get the chirps, I do feel better now, thank you!
Last Saturday morning a friend and I went for a paddle. We normally park and then launch just left from the municipal swimming pool, getting there at 05:00 I was again confronted with empty(glass I might ad) booze bottles lying next to the wall on the beach side, so many that I had to pick it up and throw away before I could safely carry my boat over the wall...damn it man,our kids play on these beaches, how much effort will it really be to either take your rubbish with you or just throw it away(bin was exactly 3 meters away and empty).Also if it was only empty beer and booze bottles lying there one could argue and say it is not fisherman, but unfortunately 9 out of 10 times there is empty pilchard boxes, pieces of fishing line and other fishing rubbish lying with the bottles and stuff.
We all ready have to suffer the pollution coming in with storm water and sewerage, that this is an unnecessary evil that can be prevented!
I might be preaching to the wrong audience, because I would like to believe that
Now my challenge to all of us is this:
1:If you get to the beach and see stuff lying around,please be humble enough to pick up somebody else's rubbish.
2:If you see somebody leaving stuff, get one of your mates, walk over ,and klap him so hard that his ears will sing heavy metal tunes for a week......
Ps.I do want to compliment the Strand municipality because I see them on a very regular basis cleaning our beaches.-Thank you
And yes, before I get the chirps, I do feel better now, thank you!
