I have been converted from plastics to buck tail j

Juan P

Senior Member
Thanks Poenskop, will the jigheads (ball sinker) which we use for " dropshot" work when you add the tail, and maybe add some colour to the ball?
 

ziggy

Member
what weight, colour and hook size would one use off the rocks on a place like the Bluff?

All I seem to catch at the bluff is small blacktail and wave garrick (using damiki minnows or small pieces of camo worm). Any larger plastics and I get no takes - I dont know how many throws I have done with 3" minnows/smelts, prawn, and sea lice or crab with not even a touch. I have also recently converted to small spoons and have caught a lot of small shad (no big ones around right now)

So, I am a ready convert to jigs if that will increase size and rate of catch.....
 
Top