I have a Stealth BFS and want to fit an anchor tro

Katrol

New member
Hi Zulu,

Is that normal rope or is it streach cord of some sort?

Also, does the pressure/force of the wind and current keep the whole setup in place/ at the angle where it has been set or does it move around?

Thanks guys for sharing the info and pics!
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Katrol wrote:
Hi Zulu,

Is that normal rope or is it streach cord of some sort?

Also, does the pressure/force of the wind and current keep the whole setup in place/ at the angle where it has been set or does it move around?

Thanks guys for sharing the info and pics!

Morning Katrol... The yellow rope is a high quality paracord I sourced from a local 'yacht supplies' and the nylon is the standard stuff... The black 'cord' you see is a piece of bungee/stretchie I sourced from a friend of mine who does 'canvas & tarp' installations, it's just to stop those nasty jerks you get from swell movement and the like...

The only major difference with my set-up is that I have no chain from my anchor to the rope... Which is generally advised, it just helps in making sure your anchor lies flat in the sand and almost guaranteeing a 'hook-up'. But I haven't had any hassles so far with the set-up I have. Also it's suggested that you try and get a rope thicker than 8mm as having to 'pull anchor' from 30m's with a thinner rope can be vicious on the hands...
 

wipeout

New member
I should have known anchoring was not that simple. I used mine for the 1st time this weekend (just dropped in and tied to the ski), never again!!

Almost tipped the ski with every swell and current pull...not a pleasant experience.
 

marine69

Senior Member
Hi Wipeout,

I dont have a pully system on my ski, something i want to do when i have free time, but for now i have a good strong 1 - 1.5 meter bungie cord which is tied on to the front of my ski. When im out on the water, I measure out how much anchor rope i want to set out, then tie off on to the end of the bungie cord which then in turn absorbs all the bumps and waves that knock you.

When i want to pull anchor I just paddle up to where i can get some slack line on my anchor rope, and pull the anchor winding it up in the process.

Its not the best solution, but definitely one that works for me for the interim until I have the time to do the proper job to my ski.

Dean
 

Pdoooubleu

New member
I don't use the foam float most people use(mostly because I still have to buy it) but just tie a know and store the excess rope in my kayak
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 736

Pdoooubleu

New member
I don't use the foam float most people use(mostly because I still have to buy it) but just tie a know and store the excess rope in my kayak
 

Psy

Sealiner
I found this with some second-hand spearo's kit.

I haven't measured how much anchor line can be spooled onto it.
I intend to use it... somehow fasten it onto something,like a bait board within the ski so its able to house the anchor line.
Great thing about it is that it keeps the fish hatch tidier,without anchor line all over the place.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG1275.jpg
    IMAG1275.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 636

Psy

Sealiner
Another idea I would like to share. I found an ADDIS plastic laundry bin, which fitted into the Evo with ease.
It also kinda locked in due to the configuration within the ski.
I decided to use this bin thingy to secure all mooring equipment , like anchor with chain/rope, sea anchor and any clumsy thing like a buoy. All fitted within the Addis box,as I say it doesnt slide forward due to ski's inside sidewall configuration, and can be pushed aft under the seated area for more access to the rest of the fish box.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 636
Top