I bought a Penn Sargus s4000 and am looking at buy

Hemps

New member
I bought a Penn Sargus s4000 and am looking at buying a nice rod for it.

Saw the Kingfisher Drop Zone 9.6ft for R582

I want to throw lures and plugs for Garrick at Mazeppa Bay with this setup, so I need a fairly long rod (to lift the lures out the water as there are plenty rocks) and also be able to cast 2 - 3 oz lures so a sturdy tip.
All the other rods I own have floppy tips.

Would this setup help? - my budget doesn't allow more than R600 at the moment.

I'm going to Mazeppa for a week in August and another week in September so am keen to try my new setup out.
spin_sargus_new.jpg
 

Attachments

  • spin_sargus_new.jpg
    spin_sargus_new.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 139

Hemps

New member
I'm thinking of the drop zone 10.6 now that you mention it - in East London so going to check out Billimoria and see what their prices are.
 

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
Cant go wrong with eather of the rod's, if billamoria cant give u the price u looking for phone Kingfisher in Durban, might be a bit cheeper...

Keep those line's tight JJ
 

Press On

New member
using my sargus on 8.6ft Sensation Pro Series AND caught about 30 gallies since opening of season. casts comfy with 1.5 and 2oz sinker
 
Top