Hi there all,
I am relatively new to the sport and started paddling and fishing off vechies and addington at the beginning of the year. the allure of the tuna off the Barge off Umhlanga have gotten the better of me. I am dying to get out there and get stuck into some decent size fish.
We have tried going off Eastmoor a couple times in the last couple weeks. but both times got beaten up by the sea. Have tried timing weather and wind and tide etc but not too clued up on what I am doing to be honest.
I find the shore break the hardest part to navigate and once I do navigate my way past that to the mid break the backline just smokes me. I have literally done back flips off my boat when a wave smashed me. But nonetheless I get back in shore empty out the water and give it another bash, albeit with a lot less gusto.
Guys I really would appreciate any advice in helping me launch off there, is there a better way to read the conditions? I know there are weather sites with swell period and wave heights etc but I don't know how those translate to practical launching.
I am letting my mate down who seems to be able to fluke his way out there most times and by the time I eventually break he eventually turns around and comes back in and I ruin his fishing.
Guys any advice, assistance, practicals would be massively appreciated, my confidence has been dented by that bloody beach and I need to over come it.
Hope to hear from you guys
I am relatively new to the sport and started paddling and fishing off vechies and addington at the beginning of the year. the allure of the tuna off the Barge off Umhlanga have gotten the better of me. I am dying to get out there and get stuck into some decent size fish.
We have tried going off Eastmoor a couple times in the last couple weeks. but both times got beaten up by the sea. Have tried timing weather and wind and tide etc but not too clued up on what I am doing to be honest.
I find the shore break the hardest part to navigate and once I do navigate my way past that to the mid break the backline just smokes me. I have literally done back flips off my boat when a wave smashed me. But nonetheless I get back in shore empty out the water and give it another bash, albeit with a lot less gusto.
Guys I really would appreciate any advice in helping me launch off there, is there a better way to read the conditions? I know there are weather sites with swell period and wave heights etc but I don't know how those translate to practical launching.
I am letting my mate down who seems to be able to fluke his way out there most times and by the time I eventually break he eventually turns around and comes back in and I ruin his fishing.
Guys any advice, assistance, practicals would be massively appreciated, my confidence has been dented by that bloody beach and I need to over come it.
Hope to hear from you guys

so wat im reading there is, stick close to u and monkey see monkey do... and I will catch a fish!